PDA

View Full Version : UPS question

zacbot
03-18-2004, 04:34 PM
okay last 2 days the ups man has came to my door but nobody was home to sign, tomorrow will be the last attempt, what happens after the last attempt, do i go pick it up at the ups warehouse or do they jsut leave it??

krafty
03-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Read what it says on the sticky note they gave you. Your best bet is to call the number and have it held at the warehouse, or it might get shipped back to the sender.

FallNAngel
03-18-2004, 04:43 PM
I believe it gets sent back to the sender.

Bulldog
03-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Yes, what he said.

Also, you can call UPS and have them change the delivery location. That's what I do when I get one of these companies that won't ship to a non billing address.

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-18-2004, 05:24 PM
If you leave a note on the door with your signature on it telling them to leave the package, they usually will leave it by your door. I don't know if that is everywhere, but I know they do that over here.

AGD-BossLady
03-18-2004, 05:24 PM
If the package was shipped with the optional service of a required signature, then UPS makes three attempts to deliver the package and get a signature. The driver is supposed to leave a yellow sticky note on your door to let you know that UPS is trying to make a delivery. The yellow sticky note generally has the UPS tracking number on it.

It's usually best to call the UPS toll free number (1-800-PICK UPS) and give the UPS representative the tracking number. You can ask to have the package shipped to a different address or you can make arrangements to go to UPS and pick up the package there.

If all that fails, the package is returned to the sender.

Hope this helps.

Tunaman
03-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Just sign the back of the yellow ticket and stick it back on your door. Your package will be there when you get home.

zacbot
03-18-2004, 08:40 PM
thanks you guys..but you wouldnt beleive how hard it was to convince mom to sign it..blah..haha thanks again

melster
03-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Call them up and tell them you'll pick it up. Then, go to the UPS center they tell you to go to and pick it up.

Problem solved.

logamus
03-18-2004, 09:12 PM
since i am a ups guy i can prolly answer this for ya. as long as the package is not a signature required package the back of the note can be signed and the package left. if the sig is required, someone will have to sign for it. now the note does not have the actual tracking number of the package, but the number on the note will relate to the package in the big brown ups computer. non-cod packages are held at the local center for 5 buisness days and then returned to the sender. most if not all centers will send you a post card in the mail letting you know your package is being held at the center and what day its going to be shipped back. cod packages are not held after the third attempt, they are sent back that same day.

ups requires that packages released at the residence must be out of normal sight from the street and out of the weather. if your front porch doesent allow for that, they normally wont leave the package even if you sign for it. if there is no place for the driver to "hide" the box, chances are they wont leave it.

sometimes you can get the number to your local ups center from 411, that normally works better than calling the 800 number because the folks in the office know the drivers and can send them personalized messages on their boards. if for instance you are going to be home between 1-4pm they can let the driver know that and they can try to adjust their schedule to meet you. trust me, drivers HATE to bring stuff back to the building so going slightly out of their way to get rid of a box is fairly common.

hope that helps

zacbot
03-18-2004, 09:14 PM
okay thanks, i should be home when he brings it tomorrow, but i was just wondering, i guess if all else fails i can drive to 30 miles to the ups place, but i trying to get around it, sicne i payed for the shipping and all