PDA

View Full Version : Halo b W/ rip drive

B.A.M.
03-18-2004, 04:56 PM
I currently am the happy owner of a halo b :D . I was wonder if anyone with a halo with a rip thinks if it is necesay if i should or shouldn't get a rip drive. I just can't decide

No sKiLLz
03-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Yes. Get a rip drive. The Halo will (not might) break during a game and without a rip drive you have to open the lid and spin the cup with your finger.

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
Yes. Get a rip drive. The Halo will (not might) break during a game and without a rip drive you have to open the lid and spin the cup with your finger.

You shouldn't spin the cup with your finger. Before I had the rip drive installed on my HALO, I did that and it broke something that held the spring....so long story short it broke my halo and it cost like $40 to fix (didn't send it to Odyssey, it probably would have been free from them, it was at my local store)

Oddball
03-18-2004, 05:29 PM
I would say that it is worth it (still like $30 right?). I have only had to use it once during a game, but it was really easy/fast to be able to shoot another like 8 to 10 balls. Also, you can use it to empty the ball stack (after you turn the loader off) with out having to take the halo off the gun or shoot the rest of the paint out. Plus it looks cool;) .

Creative Mayhem
03-18-2004, 05:43 PM
I have it on my HALO and it has saved me a couple times.. Well worth it.

No sKiLLz
03-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG

You shouldn't spin the cup with your finger. Before I had the rip drive installed on my HALO, I did that and it broke something that held the spring....so long story short it broke my halo and it cost like $40 to fix (didn't send it to Odyssey, it probably would have been free from them, it was at my local store)

Should have sent it to Odyssey. And it sounds like you broke the paddle wheel. Don't spin so hard next time, or, get a rip drive. :)

magking
03-18-2004, 06:31 PM
i agree rip drive is well worth it i had it put on my halo and havent had any complaints

B.A.M.
03-18-2004, 07:16 PM
thx i will get one now

oneshot
03-18-2004, 07:37 PM
yes get one, even if you will never have to use it, there just in case

afrankart
03-19-2004, 12:32 AM
The best feature is watching it spin when you shoot fast.:rolleyes:

No really, I have had to use it more than once ingame, and it is nice to take the tension off of the ballstack inbetween games. Get one, you won't be dissapointed.