PDA

View Full Version : E-board options: Morlock Chaos..... ? Any cheap LED ones w/ eyes?

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-18-2004, 04:57 PM
Hey folks, well it's about that time, yours truly is starting to tinker and look at another project: the Merlin is still at Destructive Customs but yours truly got his hands on a Gameface E-Rex brand new for $60 and it's actually not that bad of a marker for the price, a few things I don't like including the bolt not being able to be removed without the hammer (but I might be working on that), but it will probably become my backup and I was looking at doing some stuff to it.

I am interested in pulling the 12bps hardcoded capped board it comes standard with and putting in one with eyes(might only be able to use reflective, the detent on these things are HUGE but I'll entertain both types). Quite honestly this is a mess-around project, I just need a cheap board that can activate the solenoid 18 times a second or so and have an eye with basic functionality (no beam break, no fire). So I was wondering what lowcost options exist? The other option would be to get just an eye circuit and patch it in, The gun has a full auto mode I'd be happy to get rid of and if I could split the semi mode into two and wire in an eye circuit on one mode so it cuts the trigger signal unless the beam is broken. Not sure how adjustable this is, there is a part of the board with the word "auto" on it, if that could be pull or subbed with a smaller board like an xboard and the eye from that used in the body of the gun, that would be cool.

Anyways, I'd love to hear people's experience in lower cost boards besides the standard $120+ ones out there (WAS, Morlocks, Chaos, etc) that could be used for a seartripper and the noid found in a spyder-style marker and also one that has eyes. This is all for fun, not tourneys or anything, so basically a chip that will activate the sear unless the eye beam is allowed to go through the breach. Thanks, your help is appreciated.

nerobro
03-18-2004, 05:32 PM
*waves* The is board can do it. Send me an e-mail. I'll tell you the details.

the board is $70.

the Scenario Dreams T-board can do it too.

So can the boards from a M3 dragun. Or the board from a hyperframe.

redlaser666
03-18-2004, 09:42 PM
If all you want is an eye board you can interface to the stock one the you should try to contact edwin247 from the tribal forum in pbnation.com.
He makes eye interface boards and it may be just what you need. He sells the kits for $35 with breakbeam eyes or $55 with a reflective eye. Heres a link to his website. He is a great guy to deal with!

http://www.gulfxray.com/Tribal_Products/index.html

QUINCYMASSGUY
03-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Redlaser, that is pretty cool, I saw the pic with the penny: that board is tiny! I guess for the money though, I'd probably go with the IS only because the gun could definitely use a board with a higher possible ROF as well.

So does anyone have an idea on how to make a standard board fire faster? It's probably hardcoded, but I figure I'd ask.