PDA

View Full Version : My new logic frame: Where to mount the Q?

yaddatrance
03-18-2004, 06:33 PM
I just assembled the marker with the logic frame and I'm trying to think of a good place to put the Q-loader so it still retains that wholesome uzi-like goodness.

Any ideas? Some pics to give reference. That's a
16" barrel on the logic framed emag, it's the only
way the Q would even think of fitting in front.

http://12.149.167.56/pb/IMG_4043.JPG

http://12.149.167.56/pb/IMG_4044.JPG

http://12.149.167.56/pb/IMG_4047.JPG

http://12.149.167.56/pb/IMG_4048.JPG

Koosh
03-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Well I can't help you much with what your asking...

But I do want that double trigger Auto-Response frame :)

kauai_paintball
03-18-2004, 06:47 PM
ive never seen a q loader before, whats it do?

-=Squid=-
03-18-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh
Well I can't help you much with what your asking...

But I do want that double trigger Auto-Response frame :) Its not an autoresponse, its a benchmark...

Remington
03-18-2004, 07:29 PM
:confused: Why not just mount it like your other mag? ;)

Duke of Lawnchair
03-18-2004, 08:46 PM
My emag rail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great yaddatrance!

yaddatrance
03-18-2004, 10:49 PM
The reason I'm looking for ideas is that I already
tried it the way the other one is, and it looks cluttered.
I'm hoping a photoshopper would come out with a good idea.

Janixs
03-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Why not use the boltholes in the rail; make a bracket to mount it on the side. Then get a warp feed ULE so it will feed directly into the gun. That’s what I want to try.

robdamanii
03-19-2004, 09:30 AM
I was going to suggest you make a bracket and mount it above your tank.

Easy to change the pods that way, and might look cool.

tyrion2323
03-19-2004, 09:31 AM
It would be cool if you mounted the Q-Loader as the foregrip... Then you wouldn't have it in the way at all, and you wouldn't have to buy a foregrip.

chairman_mao
03-19-2004, 09:52 AM
I was about to suggest the Q-loader as a fore grip too but what about its durability (never held one) could it take a good whack into the ground on a slide? Is there any way to mount it almost like a stock feed? I know it sort of gives you the "blimp" thing like a hopper but I doubt it's as big. It'll be out of the way and easy to reload. I'm not sure what it would take to get it to mount there though.

On another note alittle OT but when did you order your Logic frame? I've got one coming and just trying to figure out what my wait will be like. Thanks

GoatBoy
03-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Janixs
Why not use the boltholes in the rail; make a bracket to mount it on the side. Then get a warp feed ULE so it will feed directly into the gun. That’s what I want to try.

This is what I would like to see too.

I think the trick would be to have it sit next to the mag body, parallel to it, perhaps slightly lowered, and have it so it's sitting as far back as possible, but no further than the back of the RT valve itself; that way you won't poke yourself in the eye with the when you're getting tight with the gun.

This way it would be tight, not interfere with bunker working with the barrel, not stick out the top or bottom, and be somewhat more centrally balanced, and probably make reloading easier if it's right in front of your face.

Instead of using the mount's metal clamp, which looks like it adds maybe 2 inches to the length of the setup, I wonder if you could cut that off and use those hose clamp things around the main portion of the mount body to attach a different mount... Or just drill holes in it and screw it into something...

Or... just thought of something... make sort of a dovetail thing to glue on the side of the Q, and make a matching dovetail thing to screw into the emag rail... set screw to lock it in place...

yaddatrance
03-19-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by chairman_mao
On another note alittle OT but when did you order your Logic frame? I've got one coming and just trying to figure out what my wait will be like. Thanks

I ordered around 2nd week of Feburary. If you're in
with my batch, you'll be waiting a weeks or so for
them to come back from anno. If you're in the next batch,
then realistically, I'd say a month to 6 weeks.

Originally posted by GoatBoy

Instead of using the mount's metal clamp, which looks like it adds maybe 2 inches to the length of the setup, I wonder if you could cut that off and use those hose clamp things around the main portion of the mount body to attach a different mount... Or just drill holes in it and screw it into something...

Or... just thought of something... make sort of a dovetail thing to glue on the side of the Q, and make a matching dovetail thing to screw into the emag rail... set screw to lock it in place...

I like the second idea, for the cutting, I looked at the
mount and it looks like the actual material which snugs
next to the clamp is structural. If you cut it, I don't
think it'd stay in once piece.