PDA

View Full Version : troubles deciding

AUTOGUNNER69
03-18-2004, 09:37 PM
ok here's my problem i want to get final fantasy 11 for ps2.But im also saving for a texas storm intimadator.should i delay the timy to get FF11 or go all out for the timmy first.

zacbot
03-18-2004, 09:40 PM
paintball is more important than playstation:-d

LittlePaintballBoy
03-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Why are you even asking? Timmy most definately.

TeamNausea
03-18-2004, 10:02 PM
must agree

tyrion2323
03-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Final Fantasy! Yeah MMORPGs!

My suggestion:

Get FFII and then buy a Dragun TES w/ ONE KIT. Upgrade the eyes (break beam), reg and barrel. You'll have an Intimidator Equivalent for $500

I am sponsored by OGI/Dragun, so if you're interested, contact me.

P.S. - I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but a ONE TES operates exactly the same as a Timmy. If you put in the Break Beam eyes, the only thing differentiating the two is the name.

LONG LIVE EQ!

TeamNausea
03-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Wow.... I must say Timmy even after that ^....;)

Banshee23
03-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Get FF XI first, the $50 won't delay you very long & it'll keep you busy til the timmy gets there. Or just get a 2k2/GZ/Z-Series instead, the money you save will pay for FF XI :)

Tyrion - The One/TES isn't the same as a timmy, it still uses springs to recock the marker as opposed to being full pneumatic.

tyrion2323
03-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Banshee,

You are incorrect. The stock TES uses a spring. The ONE TES uses an air-ram.

Barfly
03-19-2004, 12:58 PM
just get an '04 bushy with PDS and hold out for World of Warcraft.

Torbo
03-19-2004, 01:21 PM
50 bucks compared to 1150 is nothing. but you could also just get a cheaper timmy too. 2k2s are super cheap.

deathstalker
03-19-2004, 01:39 PM
FF XI is $100 because it comes with the HDD.

Depending on how fast you can come up with $100, I'd say get FF XI. If it'll take you a while to come up with the cash, then get the Timmy.

What I would really suggest is getting the Timmy, then saving up the $100 to buy FF XI, but buy paint, air, and field fees with the money instead. What good is a $1100-1200 marker if you can't even afford to play with it???

Torbo
03-19-2004, 01:55 PM
yeah if the video game is 100 bucks, dont throw away youre money. Save it for paint. you have no idea how much you spontaneuosly shoot wehn you first start shooting a timmy.

-=Squid=-
03-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
Final Fantasy! Yeah MMORPGs!

My suggestion:

Get FFII and then buy a Dragun TES w/ ONE KIT. Upgrade the eyes (break beam), reg and barrel. You'll have an Intimidator Equivalent for $500

I am sponsored by OGI/Dragun, so if you're interested, contact me.

P.S. - I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but a ONE TES operates exactly the same as a Timmy. If you put in the Break Beam eyes, the only thing differentiating the two is the name.

LONG LIVE EQ! Says the man sponsored by dragun...

I will admit they are good for the money, but just because they operate on the same fundamental principals means nothing. They will never match the reliability, solid feel, or insane speed of a timmy.

Take your cheap marketing some place else.

Oh, and to answer the question, get a timmy... Heck, sell the ps2 as well...

tyrion2323
03-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Squid...

Why is it that when I offer a suggestion, it's "cheap marketing?" Yeah, We're sponsored by them. We applied for a sponsorship because we like their products .

I bet you would take a sponsorship from AGD - would that mean you were just "marketing" if you recommended an Automag to someone? Pffft, get a life.

Guess what - the Timmy and the TES operate exactly the same. The ONE TES is capped at 30bps. It's got a delrin bolt stock. It's got sticky grips stock. It has a newer, stronger solenoid - stock. It's got all of the features, and it rips.

It is freakin' fast.

Just because it costs less doesn't mean it's cheap.

Skywalker
03-19-2004, 04:45 PM
The only good final fantasy game was the very first one that came out for orignal 8-bit Nintendo. You should definately just buy a timmy and not even worry about the game.

-=Squid=-
03-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
Squid...

Why is it that when I offer a suggestion, it's "cheap marketing?" Yeah, We're sponsored by them. We applied for a sponsorship because we like their products .

I bet you would take a sponsorship from AGD - would that mean you were just "marketing" if you recommended an Automag to someone? Pffft, get a life.

Guess what - the Timmy and the TES operate exactly the same. The ONE TES is capped at 30bps. It's got a delrin bolt stock. It's got sticky grips stock. It has a newer, stronger solenoid - stock. It's got all of the features, and it rips.

It is freakin' fast.

Just because it costs less doesn't mean it's cheap. And no, I wouldnt take sponsorship from AGD. For one our tournements are already paid for, and for another I wold rather shoot an AKA or Bob Long marker... just preference. Just because they operate the same does not make it as good. I have shot ONE tes's before... chopped a lot, horrible sloppy trigger, and a cheap feel... but you get what you pay for.

You would recommend whatever you own im sure. You only recommended them because your sponsored by them, which is fine, but he wants a timmy, not a TES.

EDIT: No need to throw specs at me... I know just as much about dragun markers as you ;)

Cryer
03-19-2004, 05:25 PM
forget final fantasy and the storm timmi.

get an Empire timmi:eek:

RenagadeOfFunk
03-19-2004, 05:38 PM
...how about you get a timmy (dont care if its alias/empire/or storm cause they all make my pants wet...)
...and the sell some of your ps2 games that you dont play (Im selling my whole ps2 set up)...and enjoy both worlds...

...or screw FF1 and wait for COUNTER-STRIKE: Condtion Zero coming out by the end of the month (see you local Best Buy or Curcuit City for details :p )

tyrion2323
03-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
You would recommend whatever you own im sure. You only recommended them because your sponsored by them, which is fine, but he wants a timmy, not a TES.

EDIT: No need to throw specs at me... I know just as much about dragun markers as you ;)

For "knowing" so much, you certainly don't know much...

I recommend them because they are a good product - NOT because I'm sponsored by them. I've recommended many products which I don't own/sponsored by. Just because I'm sponsored by them doesn't mean I'm going to try to sell them to everyone.

It's sad that you judge all of the Dragun/OGI TESs based on your single experience. Some TIMMYs chop all the time. Some Mags chop too. It's all about how well tuned the marker is.

The performance benefits of a Timmy over a ONE TES are minimal.

I know just as much about dragun markers as you ;)

I highly doubt it. That is, unless you get calls from George Spurlock telling you about next year's products...

GT
03-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
just preference.....

sure... or is it the "cool" thing to say?

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Final Fantasy=teh ghey

Seriously, how can you people play that crap, it is boring as hell, takes forever, and there is no damn point! Buy the timmy, or get a Dye matrix with eyes for $825 brand new and upgrade it

Matrix > Timmy

tyrion2323
03-19-2004, 11:25 PM
I like MMORPGs - they're certainly not for everyone, but for those who enjoy strong social ties and cooperative teamwork, MMORPGs are great. I played Everquest for three years, attained a level 60 Warrior and a level 57 Paladin, and I had a great time hanging out with my guild, raiding lots of monsters and conversing with them.

TeamNausea
03-19-2004, 11:30 PM
I have to say this is one of the worst/biggest waste of time threads i've ever seen...

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-19-2004, 11:33 PM
TeamNausea, I'd have to agree.

GT
03-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
Matrix > Timmy

Throwing paint by hand > Matrix