PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from New England going?

Duck Hunt
03-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Me and my stepfather and acouple others are thinking about going to Shatner Ball but we need more info like how much and were do we sign up?!?!?! =)

Sean

Timmee
03-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Duck Hunt
Me and my stepfather and acouple others are thinking about going to Shatner Ball but we need more info like how much and were do we sign up?!?!?! =)

Sean

My roommate and I are hoping to go again this year (missed the first one, but went to last years, and had a blast). The only thing is, we might be taking a train (I hate airplanes, and 20 hours is too far to drive).

BTW, if you're in New England, are you (or would you be interested in) coming to AO NE on April 24th at Cape Cod Paintball?

Duck Hunt
03-19-2004, 01:04 PM
I'm going to try to make it too the meet but things are still up in the air. I have alot of work related stuff going on right now annnnnnd my home fields big game is the next day =) But I'll most likely know before March is over.

Where the sign up info for Shatner Ball?

Sean

hobbesTZ
03-19-2004, 01:30 PM
If anyone wants to take me they're welcome to it :D

I don't think my car could handle the trip.

chairman_mao
03-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Yeah I think me and a coupla friends might be headed to Shantnerball. I definately need more info before I confirm but it's already penciled in.

Duck Hunt
03-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Maybe we all can arrange a little trip too it, I wouldn't mind taking a train, depending on the cost etc.

Whereabouts in New Hampshire do you live? I'm in Derry whoohoo!

Sean

hobbesTZ
03-19-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm in Hill.

rkjunior303
03-20-2004, 03:15 AM
I'm in Easton and would like to go this summer since I missed last year. We should plan an AO-NE roadtrip. I will be at AONE

Meph
03-20-2004, 06:18 PM
It's on my "maybe" schedule right now. Since it is charity. But at the same time I'm very strict with my stance on field operation, and that if I don't like how a field is run I simply don't go there ever again. So unless CPX can really show me they have improved, I'm still debating the trip.

Glickman
03-23-2004, 10:27 PM
its a once a year thing, and its fun, no matter whether you even play or not, its fun.. and a good cause... so why not :D

rkjunior303
03-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Since it's for charity, can't you write off the costs associated with it?

Glickman
03-24-2004, 03:51 PM
i guess technically if it was tax deductable, and you had proof taht the money was going to the charity.

also, it wouldnt only be donations, like the $5 for the tattoo. so paint and stuff wouldnt be since its not really a donation...

TheTramp
03-26-2004, 12:26 PM
DOes anyone have any more info on the train to Chicago?

I guess if a bunch of us went together we could rent a van once we got there to get around.

Duck Hunt
04-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Just wondering if anyone has made final plans to go. I can't drive there so thats out of the question and its looking like a good idea to register ASAP so I can camp out instead of paying for a hotel.

Sean

rkjunior303
04-07-2004, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't mind carpooling with a few NE heads. I'll be at AONE, we can discuss it then. Wether we rent an SUV here and drive it out and CAMP. or Fly out and all chip in for a van/truck/whatever. Hell -- Rent a U-Haul Econoline van and throw those inflatable couches in the back :) I own a nice 4 man dome tent and a huge screeen house I could bring. Or I could chip in on a cheap room. Cram 4 people into an econolodge $80/room.

The Frymarker
04-19-2004, 02:36 PM
I'll be going but I'll probably fly