PDA

View Full Version : Technical expertise required w/emag

P8ntballr4life
03-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Somebody told me that the best way to get an efficient emag (not to say that they are not efficient) is to use the loosest carrier and the shortest spring without any problems. So before I actually received my used emag w/level 10 I ordered 1 medium spring, 2 long springs (to cut), a #1 carrier, and a #1.5 carrier. Here is my problem, when I took the marker apart I found that the mainspring was allready considerably shorter than the medium spring that I had purchased. About three to four turns shorter. is there anything wrong with that? Should I try a larger spring? AGD mentioned that people normally had good experiences with the medium springs.

My second problem is with the carriers. When I received them I couldn't tell them apart. What is the difference between the 1.5 and the #1 carriers. How do I tell.

Any suggestions or replies would be appreciated. Thank you, Ian

P.S. What setup do you use in your emag and how well does it work?

ghideon
03-19-2004, 12:02 PM
The half numbered carries (0.5, 1.5, etc) will have a dot on them.

There are three springs, a long, a medium (which is a cut long IIRC) and a short one. I'm pretty sure the short one is the gold-colored one.

My current Level 10 is 2.0 carrier, 3 shims, and the longest spring. With this I get about 7 pods on a 68/4k fill.

P8ntballr4life
03-19-2004, 06:16 PM
I appreciate the feedback. It helped. Thank you.

lamby
03-21-2004, 12:10 PM
a little waring about LX kits...

If the LX works, and is very soft on paint (no pressure on your finger if it is in the breech) at the velocity that you are shoting at, I would not mess with it. It is working as planned and changing carriers will make it leak, or stick. your shims can effect efficency too, but I have not seen one that has anything other than 2 or 3 shims work correctly.

If you want efficency, you have the wrong gun, but you can get 7 pods out of a full 68/45. So, how much do you need?