PDA

View Full Version : Yeah another Qloader thread

trains are bad
03-19-2004, 09:33 AM
I got mine last night and got it mounted. I'm still not happy with where it's mounted--better than a hopper I guess. I'll post pics later today.

Anyway here's a tip-do not crank the pod all the way up while empty to see how the reloader works, and then put it in the marker socket. It will unwind full speed and damage itself. I fixed it though.

I'm also considering taking the white balls out and just preloading the pod every time I reload. That makes it a lot easier to assemble the pods and I get one ball extra capacity.

Anyone want to buy a silo reloader? My revvy is now my pod b****:D

They need way more fittings. Not everyone needs or wants an elbow...

It's still worthless unless I can get my feedtube attached. Epoxy didn't work, JB weld didn't work, Goop didn't work. There is nowhere that can weld SS around here and I can't afford a ULE warp. For only a MIG welder with SS wire...

shartley
03-19-2004, 09:37 AM
I have a question for you…. how well does it feed? How long of a hose can you get away with?

The reason is, I have a customer that is having some major work done for his Nasty Typhoon, and he was thinking seriously about using two Q-Loaders. So that no modifications are needed to the other work being done, he was thinking of mounting them below the grip frame. Will that cause too much feed hose?

Since you have one, what do you think the optimal length of feed hose should be?

trains are bad
03-19-2004, 09:49 AM
he was thinking of mounting them below the grip frame. Will that cause too much feed hose?

No way man. This thing will get away from you if you're not careful:D I was picking up lots of paintballs last night.

Since you have one, what do you think the optimal length of feed hose should be?

As short as possible naturally, but I don't see anything under 24 inches being a problem. Actually at normal ROF probably longer.

shartley
03-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Thank you. That was what I needed to know.

Now I just have to determine how the balance and feel will be. I am thinking that below the grip frame may actually be awkward. Under the double barrels with a vertical handle between them may work best… but would require modifying the work I am doing to accept that.

Maybe I can just get him to send the darn things to me so I can see how it all feels and works together with all the stuff we are doing to it already.

Again… thanks for the info.

trains are bad
03-19-2004, 04:52 PM
http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1444 I'm not too crazy w/ it on the right side but it's tucked under due to the drop sidewaysness. If I tip it in I still have less exposed than a hopper and I can see better

trains are bad
03-19-2004, 04:55 PM
http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1445

That's the bracket I made. You can see how it's a little tucked in. No comments about the crude metal work. It works. Also you can see how my feed tube is broken off and the marker is useless. It was planned to run into the bottom of the powerfeed.

Butterfingers
03-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Wow thats a heck of alot of trouble to run Co2

trains are bad
03-19-2004, 05:00 PM
haha yeah but where there's a will there's a way. :rolleyes: See also my other thread 'How many shots from 45/3000';)

I don't like how it hangs down. Gonna suck in the snake. I has also thinking about mounting it horizontally off the bottom of the grip frame forewar but then it's as long as the barrel.

punkncat
03-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Dude!
Why not just get another classic body?
That will be more trouble to fix and probably nearly as expensive.
With all the people buying ULE bodies , someone has to have an old body for sale cheap......

Lohman446
03-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Seems how we're on the subject, again. Mine is mounted on a custom bracket so it is three inches to the left of the body and parellel with the rail, q-pod forward. Head of the q-loader is about even with the back of the X valve. Warp ULE body.

The second custom thing I did was take a four by four, drill a hole in it, and put a 30 degree street elbow (pcv) in it, that way my richochet sits on top and the feed tube on teh bottm so I can load.

As far as pressure, I think this thing (if you preload the tube) could feed 40 or 50 inches of tube (or even more), but your only going to get 100 shots... as those in the tube are not pushed except by balls behidn them. I have like a three inch feed tube and if you don't preload it the balls zip in too fast and break. Thats on eight prewinds (specs call for 8-16).

The thing is not as simple to use as you would first think, it took me several hours messign with it, taking it apart, and figuring it out to figure it out. Yes, I read the manual

100 shots is gone in a hurry, I noticed that foolign around wtih it today. But it is quick to reload

Some packs wont fit, I custom ordered an M-pack and I know that 32 degrees packs will fit it.

Its also noisey, the balls are not as tight as I would ahve thought they should be

Overall: I love the concept, there is some tweaking that needs done. The pods could be tighter, reduce the noise and perhaps the pack issue. They need a better reloading system than that silo, its about worthless IMO. Im not unhappy with it, in fact I will nto switch back away for now, but it does need some fine tweaking.

GT
03-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by trains are bad
http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1444

WTF?:eek: .................

I mean really, man :eek:

I usually let the ugly mag pics slide, but this has to be a joke. IS there any reason to run the X chamber then to the stab? Can we just drop the X chamber, add an anti siphon to the tank, and run the stab vert? Common man we need to rep AGD not tear it down ;)

Cryer
03-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Personally, I would buy a high rise vert-feed Emag body, mount the qloader to the vert rise, running back along the gun.

DeerChaser
03-19-2004, 10:47 PM
You clean all the glue off, send me the body and tude and I'll weld it back on. I will use a tig, not a mig. I'm in FL so ground shipping will be 3 days one way. You pay shipping both ways.

trains are bad
03-20-2004, 08:08 AM
I usually let the ugly mag pics slide, but this has to be a joke.Can we just drop the X chamber, add an anti siphon to the tank, and run the stab vert?

ha. It DOES have an anti-siphon installed:D

If the expansion chamber didn't make a measurable difference I wouldn't run it.

I use my revvy to fill the pods and it works really slick.

Mine is mounted on a custom bracket so it is three inches to the left of the body and parellel with the rail

Hmm I'll look into that but I think my marker is too short.

Adrenaline_Junkie
03-20-2004, 10:19 AM
That has got to be one of the ugliest mags i have ever seen. Dang man, why dont you just get compressed air and use a gas thru. Or better yet throw that thing away, its a monstrosity. A universal mount is comin out soon anyway, all that crap you did to your mag to mount the loader is just retarted.

bunkermaster10
03-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Our team can get spons by them, We have one coming in to try from them. Then if we like it we can all use it, or atleast the front guys.

NoFearPaintballer
03-20-2004, 12:40 PM
where can i get a q-loader

can i mount it anywher i can?

how much is it

Naby
03-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Now, that's one hell of a monstrosity! :D

I am honestly laughing out loud!

You have to admire the ingenuity and determination! Love it! :)

trains are bad
03-20-2004, 05:04 PM
That has got to be one of the ugliest mags i have ever seen. Dang man, why dont you just get compressed air and use a gas thru. Or better yet throw that thing away, its a monstrosity.

haha. It's not so easy for me to just "get compressed air" or I would in a second. I think I will be able to soon because a field is going up close. I won't even run a gas thru if I do. Gonna be a lot lighter :D

I'm surprised so many people think it's so bad. I don't care I totally love this marker, and wouldn't trade it for my buddy's angel it's all mine, the best for me.;) It's my mag man...

bunkermaster10
03-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Yes I would have to admit that is one ugly mag IMO. But if you love it, thats what counts then. :p

Naby
03-20-2004, 07:28 PM
trains are bad: "My precious... we loves it... we shoots it at peopleses... yeeessss... fat peopleses... it's MINE... My precious... "