PDA

View Full Version : Air Compressor Or Booster anyone know where to get and prices?

madmolly
03-19-2004, 11:00 AM
I am looking at compressors for my field and I am not sure what to get a compressor or a booster. Anyone have any experience with either.

Kevmaster
03-19-2004, 01:35 PM
compressors are a LOT more than boosters. Boosters run maybe $5-600. compressors are in the multiple thousand depending on the CPM and max pressure.

With a booster, you take a 2000psi bulk N2 tank and a 300psi compressor and produce higher pressure air (up to 4500psi). The higher the pressure the more time it takes to fill. Its a cheap way to fill to 4500psi, however air lines will get long quickly if you have a tournament or something with the booster going all the way to 4500.

A compressor is the ultimate air filling capacity. If you can get a bulk tank or two and the compressor and fill your own tanks continuously to 4500 - 5000, then you'll be able to give fills all day long quickly. It depends on the CPM (Cubic Feet Per Minuite) on how fast it fills up your tanks, but as long as you have a buffer (your tanks both have 5000psi in them, and you're filling 4500psi tanks, you dont have to fill htem back just as fast as you let air out to keep filling 4500) you can go for a long time.

the booster is the cheaper alternative, but hte compressor is the best way to do it. The booster is much cheaper than a compressor

as for where to get, your wholesaler (NPS) should be able to get you a booster, and put you in the right direction of a compressor

madmolly
03-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Nitro Duck has a booster that they say will take a normal 140 PSI industrial shop compressor and boost it to up to 4500 PSI> Have you heard of this type or know anyone that has. I talked to my Nitro Duck rep but they want to sell me something so bad I am afraid I am not getting the whole story.

SlartyBartFast
03-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Don't buy a booster from Nitroduck, WORR games, or anyother paintball store/manufacturer.

Go to a compressed air company and buy direct. No need to pay additional markup to have a paintball related name on the label.

Kevmaster
03-19-2004, 04:13 PM
thats a good point, but the ones made by WGP (i used a WGP) were very well made and had all the right fittings on them. Prolly paid a little extra, but it was a good booster

and, (i've been "out" of the industry for about two years, so im slightly outdated, BUT) iirc, the only boosters, took two inputs. one around 1000-2000 that was the main pressure that was bosted, and 140psi that did the boosting. maybe they've got them now that just need the 140psi. Im pretty sure they didnt when i was doing it. I would have them clarify that. If they only have my kind, you'll still need weekly welding supply drop offs.