PDA

View Full Version : Impulse vision..Im confused..

warpfeedmod
03-19-2004, 11:25 AM
Okay, so I might be getting a rat impulse with the newer cricket board (20bps) but theres no vision. He says the board is vision-ready.

I was told to order this:

http://stores.cipp.com/Merchant4/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=10309503000&Store_Code=mipaint

In order to get vision to work? What I don't understand, is why do I have to order a completely new board for the vision? Can't I just get the top board with the ribbon and the eye?

I was told that no one sells just that part? Why would they sell a marker that's vision-ready only to have you replace the whole board anyway?

heres a pic of the marker:

http://www.whatisthebinty.com/images/CG/2k3%20Rat%20Before.JPG

soccer4minimags
03-19-2004, 12:03 PM
my understanding is that it has the extra hole or slot milled into it near the detent. The earlier impulses that were not vision ready don't. I think these were the ones that had impulse written in big letters on the side and the even older pre-release impulses.
So basically all vision ready means is that it is ready to accept the vision upgrade, basically every new impulse is like this even stock now.
hope this helps

soccer4minimags
03-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Just a question, is that the exact marker you're getting? Are you getting it used. That one has the eye cover on it. I don't understand it, I'm pretty sure new impulses do not come with an eye cover unless it has vision. If this is a used gun the previous owner may have had a vision board, then knowing that he was going to sell the gun, found somebody who wanted vision and had a regulular cricket board and did a swap. That what this seems like to me. I'd be careful if I were you.

warpfeedmod
03-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by soccer4minimags
Just a question, is that the exact marker you're getting? Are you getting it used. That one has the eye cover on it. I don't understand it, I'm pretty sure new impulses do not come with an eye cover unless it has vision. If this is a used gun the previous owner may have had a vision board, then knowing that he was going to sell the gun, found somebody who wanted vision and had a regulular cricket board and did a swap. That what this seems like to me. I'd be careful if I were you.

it's actually a teammate, but yah, now that I think about it you might be right, either that or it is a vision ready marker, not the board, and i still need to replace the board. i emailed him about it to verify. :)

Torbo
03-20-2004, 11:15 AM
try it without vision. If youre running a Halo you should be ok anyway. im shooting an older rat also with a newer cricket and so long as a halo is on there, the vision is unnecesary.

RRfireblade
03-20-2004, 02:02 PM
All new Imps are vision ready.Vision ready refers to the gun being milled for the eye and cable,it has nothing to do with the board it has.Also,non-vision Imps don't normally come with the eye cover.

You have always needed the Vision board assembly(Main board and daughter board) to upgrade to vision.The stock board (any version) does not come loaded with vision software or have the daughter board connecter installed.

FYI,if you were to upgrade to the Equalizer board you need additional minor milling beyond that of the stock vision milling.

Jay.