PDA

View Full Version : Centerflag or Crossfire?

Plazmic
03-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Okay, I have two Air tanks and I need to pick one. The only real difference between the two are the regulators. One is a Centerflag Hyperflow 400 and the other is a Crossfire standard bottle reg.

Anybody have a thought on which one might be better?

Thanks for your help!

stealth assassin
03-19-2004, 11:32 PM
I have been real pleased with my crossfire. Why don't you try them both and see what you like.:)

Plazmic
03-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Yes, I will definately do that. Actually, I will probably end up selling them both and get a 68/4500. That's the plan anyway. One of them has to keep me going for a month, though.

LawnGnome7
03-20-2004, 12:45 AM
how much would you be selling them for?

Plazmic
03-20-2004, 01:24 AM
Actually hadn't thought about it, yet. Do you want to make an offer on one?

stealth assassin
03-20-2004, 08:08 AM
What is the size and rating of the ones you are going to sell, also their hydr test date?:rolleyes:

Plazmic
03-21-2004, 06:04 PM
They are both fiber wrapped 68/3000 tanks. The one with the Hyperflow reg has a tank from the same company that makes the tanks for 32 degrees. It has a green coating that is a rubbery type resin that's supposed to protect the fiber. The green is nicked a little, but no damage to the fiber. I just had it hydroed last month so it's good for 5 years, now.

The other is a Crossfire top to bottom. It's your standard black-coated Crossfire tank and preset Crossfire reg. I'm taking it to get hydroed on Monday, so it'll be good for 5 years, also. This one looks almost brand new. The bottle is in perfect shape.

I won't get to test them out against each other until next weekend, though, because I have to wait for this one to get hydroed and my hydro guy usually takes a couple of days to get to it.