PDA

View Full Version : recharge rate of classic valve???

ULEMAG73
03-19-2004, 11:16 PM
i was wonderin the recharge rate of the classic valve? if someone could tell me i would be much obliged.

Dayspring
03-20-2004, 02:31 AM
It'll fire up to about 16bps. More than you can pull on a mechanical gun.

bokraham
03-20-2004, 09:51 AM
do you know if a ULT will change the rechare rate on a classic?

Dayspring
03-20-2004, 12:06 PM
It won't change how fast the valve itself recharges. It'll change how quickly the sear resets itself though. It provides less return force so you'll encounter shortstroking issues and more.

Some people can get them to work. Some can't.

the electrician
03-20-2004, 09:23 PM
well IF , the diameter of the top of the on/off pin is smaller that the standard .116" to .117" , then yes it can slow down the recharge rate.

if you are using a lvl 10, then you will see that the gun now needs more psi to operate. you had to turn up the velocity to get it to work right? so this means you are filling the same dump chamber to a higher psi. more air. this can cause a drop in bps, down to about 14. it depends on you specific set-up really.

by shortening the on/off pin, and/or using shims along with a quad o-ring on top of the on/off and buna rings in the rest of it, I've been able to get the recharge up high enough on a standard valve to get 18 bps with a lvl10 and almost 20 with a standard valve. way more than you could ever do mechanically.