PDA

View Full Version : AIM Cockers?

pputkowski
03-20-2004, 09:04 AM
I was looking into buying one of the AIM pneumatic kit's on ebay and I was wondering if anyone had any kind of experience with aim pneu's? Thanks.

teufelhunden
03-20-2004, 09:09 AM
IMO, there's better for the money. If you want a complete kit, look into the Orracle pneus or the Shocktech set. Of course though, the best front block is from different components. For example, if I was going to be keeping my 'Cocker mech, here's what I'd do: CT-3way (WGP), FAT Ram (KAPP)/Shocktech Ram, MicroRock LPR (PPS). But if you're set on a full front block, the CT-3way, STO Ram, and Tickler LPR are great and make up the Orracle set.

pputkowski
03-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Yea, If i had unmlimited money i'd just do all FF parts or maybe nexus but i'm on a budget and the complete kit is only $65 new.

FallNAngel
03-20-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by pputkowski
Yea, If i had unmlimited money i'd just do all FF parts or maybe nexus but i'm on a budget and the complete kit is only $65 new.

Personally, I'm not huge on either. The rams might be decent, but you don't need the valve and hammer that either of them sell.

tyrion2323
03-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Sent you a PM about AIM stuff.

GT
03-20-2004, 09:44 AM
personally I think WGP is just like AGD. What comes stock is pretty dam good! I think folks over the years have convincened themsleves otherwise. Just go with the oracle front end..

teufelhunden
03-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi
personally I think WGP is just like AGD. What comes stock is pretty dam good! I think folks over the years have convincened themsleves otherwise. Just go with the oracle front end..

Heh, surely you can't be talking about the brass pneumatics! :)

Torbo
03-20-2004, 10:25 AM
uh the brass pneus are pretty good. all 3 parts are foolproof and reliable. The STO lpr is a stock one with chrome plating. the ram is average. The 3 way is just a bit longer throw. Al in all the stock parts look terrible...up untill 04, but they work fine.

punkncat
03-20-2004, 11:07 AM
I don't know about AIM pneus.
I like the ANS pneu kit.The Jackhammer reg and the ANS ram are both awesome.I would replace the 3 way with a Bomb or Dye.The Bomb is the easiest to time by far.The Dye supposedly has the shortest throw.
Clippard rams are good and fully rebuildable.
Palmer makes a good LPR also.

teufelhunden
03-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Torbo
uh the brass pneus are pretty good. all 3 parts are foolproof and reliable. The STO lpr is a stock one with chrome plating. the ram is average. The 3 way is just a bit longer throw. Al in all the stock parts look terrible...up untill 04, but they work fine.

I agree. However, the comparison with AGD and WGP in this case is invalid. AGD makes one part for each job (mostly, really all you can bring into it is ULE/SS and RT/Classic) that performs the best. WGP makes the brass pneus, STO pneus, Orracle pneus...

I'm not debating how well the brass pneus work. I've got a bunch lying around. But there's better made by WGP.

-=Squid=-
03-21-2004, 10:11 PM
The brass pneus operate the exact same as the STO pneus. Pwned.