PDA

View Full Version : Stars?

tooslow
09-26-2001, 09:10 PM
Hi, I'm kinda new to Mags, so please excuse my ignorance. But what is the significance of the number of stars on the valve? I am in the market for a used mag and I keep seeing "1 star on valve", "3 stars on valve"... and I don't have the foggiest what the difference is.

BTW, this forum is great. I have learned more about mags in 2 days than I was able to learn about cockers in 3 months.

Miscue
09-26-2001, 09:13 PM
A Star w/o a notch represents how many free services you have left from AGD.

Load SM5
09-26-2001, 09:13 PM
The number of stars represent how many free repairs you get from AGD before you start paying for them. Send the gun end for a repair and they mill off a star.

Load SM5
09-26-2001, 09:14 PM
I just type fast enough for this forum.:mad:

tooslow
09-26-2001, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys. So, the number of stars has nothing to do with the performance of the valve? I guess maybe that's why a "classic" mag is so much cheaper than a regular mag.

Load SM5
09-26-2001, 09:29 PM
No there's no real performance difference.

Let us know when you find a mag you might be interested in and we'll let you know what we think about the deal. If there's one thing we all have a crap load off, it's opinions.:D

Stay away from aftermarket valves and guys who claim to have done trigger jobs. Aside from the retro-valve the stock valve is the best and there is no such thing as a good trigger job to a mag. Usually trigger jobs involve grinding down things that should'nt be ground down and while they may make the trigger feel lighter it will usually wear down your gun quickly.

tooslow
09-26-2001, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to come back for more as I get closer to a decision.

DRAGONSLAYER
09-27-2001, 12:20 PM
Yeah! What Load SM5 Said-crap laod!!:D

krafty
09-27-2001, 12:42 PM
By the way, tooslow...

welcome to the group! Glad to have you here.

tooslow
09-27-2001, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I' glad to have found this group. And for that matter, I am very happy to have realized how awesome AGD and their products are. There is no doubt in my mind that whatever gun i get, it will be a mag of some sort.

I just spent the last few days trying to help my friend set up his brand new WGP cocker. What a nightmare!!!!! No kidding, WGP does everything in their power to NOT let their customers know their phone number. It's not on the box, it's not in the joke of a manual, and it's not ANYWHERE on their website. Unbelievable!!! And when we did finaly get their number from 411, there was no one there who could help us. I can't believe this is how the suposed industry leader treat their customers.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. But I wanted to express how great I think AGD is. I have never seen anything like this forum anywhere in the net, it's too cool...

Anf finally thanks for the offer of advice, I think that I will be drawing on all of your experience in the near future.

BTW, sorry for posting this on the tech forum, I meant to post on the general forum.

Load SM5
09-27-2001, 08:57 PM
No worries, it was kind of techy...

If you need me to keep my eyes open for you for a good deal I'll be happy to. Do you have a budget or are you still saving?

DRAGONSLAYER
09-28-2001, 06:41 AM
I'll keep my eyes open, too. I'll let everyone know if I find something out. And again, Welcome.
:)

MagShooter
09-29-2001, 12:30 AM
if you're still saving, look for an RT. AWESOME markers I tell ya. I'm gonna sell my classic probably and buy an RT. I love the trigger feel