PDA

View Full Version : emag not firing

bratch
09-26-2001, 09:26 PM
My gun is not firing in electric mode. When I hook up the battery the Led lights up, when I pull the trigger it records a shot and starts the timer, but it does not actually fire. From what I could tell all the wires are still connected. The manual mode is working fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated my first tourny is Sunday.

BlackVCG
09-26-2001, 11:34 PM
Check the wires to the solenoid and make sure it's not stuck in any way. If a shot is registered each time you pull the trigger, then the HES is working properly but for some reason the signal isn't getting to the solenoid. Check that and we'll go from there.

bratch
09-27-2001, 05:18 PM
All the wires are in place. I called the techs and they thought it might be the plunger but were not totally sure. I think it is weird that the warp isn't spinning even though the gun registers a shot.

BlackVCG
09-27-2001, 05:52 PM
Hmm... sounds like there's no voltage going out from the board. Are you sure the battery is fully charged and that the screw that holds down the board is tightened? Then again, if the ground screw were loose, the gun wouldn't turn on at all when the pin is out and the battery connected. Still something you should check. So since the Warp isn't spinning when you pull the trigger, you're not getting voltage output to the Warp or the Solenoid. It might just be a bad board, but if it's turning on and a shot is registered each time you pull the trigger, I'm not sure what to look for. Maybe Tom can chime in since I don't own an E-Mag and have about two hours total time working with one.

AGD
09-27-2001, 09:02 PM
Does it shoot in manual mode fine? If it does then take the grip off, take the air off the gun, use your finger to push the plunger in the solenoid up and pull the trigger and see if it pulls the plunger back into the solenoid. If it doesn't then you burned out the main transistor that powers the solenoid. Not a problem to fix but you can't do it there you have to send it in.

AGD

frontlinep8tbal
12-09-2004, 10:33 PM
If a pic of the orginal transistor (I know which one it is) and possible replacements could be posted so that those with soldering skills could replace their own please share any help information.

I tried the 2n3904 (ph74) transistor but no voltage goes to the solenoid??? Does no energize

wired as followed

--
| | FLAT SIDE of transistor FACING ME
-- Rounded side facing away
/ | \

E B C

-- -- --
| | | | | | POINTS ON EMAG BOARD
-- -- -- LABELED 1,2,3

1 2 3

Pin order as followed (E to 3), (B to 1), (C to 3) *does not fire like this though*
Is this correct. what type of transistor is the stock NPN or PNP???

MonsterMag
12-09-2004, 11:10 PM
yup send it to agd , they will take care of it , its the transistor thingy