PDA

View Full Version : electronic frames?!

phantomhitman
03-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Since I have never owned an electronic framed gun, I have a very simple question. What is the diffrence between a sear tripper and the rest of the electro frames?
I thought that hyperframes and the soon to be released logic frames were the same as other elctros because they replaced the sear with a solenoid, but I have heard otherwise that these frames are sear trippers. So how do other frames work (angel, timmy, matrix, etc). Thanks for any help.

angelbeast24
03-20-2004, 11:47 PM
threw a micro swtich and other electronics

phantomhitman
03-21-2004, 12:04 AM
well the hyperframe and logic frames have microswitches and solenoids, boards, and all electronic. but they are sear trippers right? :confused:

cockermongol
03-21-2004, 12:19 AM
well, technically (as far as I understand) any electronic automag will be a "sear-tripper" because that is how the automag valve operates.

A "non-sear-tripper" uses an LPR to put a certain amount of air through a solenoid to drive a ram into a valve and, at the same time, move the bolt forward. As you can see, there is no sear involved.

phantomhitman
03-21-2004, 12:36 AM
thanks mongol. i see the differences now. i am pretty sure the new logic frame will keep up though ;) cant wait any longer :p

Joni
03-21-2004, 07:31 AM
Well, just as you know, an E-cocker is a sear tripper as well.

teufelhunden
03-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Think about how an Autococker recocks. The air comes through the LPR into the 3way, which, when moves, moves the ram. In a true electronic marker, like a Matrix, Timmy, Impulse, etc, the 3-way is replaced by a solenoid that is activated electronically. It still uses a ram and LPR, but instead of you pulling the trigger and manually moving the actuator rod, you pull a trigger and send an electronic signal.

Hope that helped and didn't confuse you :)

phantomhitman
03-21-2004, 03:42 PM
well you guys pretty much cleared up any questions i had. thanks for the info.