PDA

View Full Version : Dead Zones and "The Walk"

Smakman
03-21-2004, 08:05 AM
I personally don't mind taking a few minutes walk. I figure that the dead zones need to be far enough away from a given battle as to remove a player from the battle long enough that it is over before they can get back to it, or that the dynamic of it has changed before the eliminated player can return. How far do you think is far enough for a walk to a dead zone without being too far? In a smaller game there is an interest in turning players around from reinsertion faster to keep the action going, but in larger games, there is usually a lot of actual playing time so the player doesn't miss much. I hear a lot of griping about lengthy walks, but whats the point if you can't eliminate a player from a given battle without him/her coming right back into the same battle in a couple of minutes?

Pyrate Jim
03-21-2004, 07:10 PM
Most big games that I've been to regulate the times of re-entry. So depending on chance (and the game rules), your opponent could be out for a minute or an hour.

The walk to the re-insertion point should take a few minutes. I've dealt with what they call "hot" insertions where there is no time to wait~you get eliminated and immediately go back into the fray after a quick check by the ref and maybe a chrono check. But you still have to leave the field before you return.