PDA

View Full Version : "Home is the warrior, home from the field..."

Army
09-26-2001, 10:25 PM
Hi guys! Gunnery ended earlier that predicted, so we were sent home. Still have to finish up my orders, but I'll do that running a rifle range (much quieter!).

Last night they had a "mad minute" where all the available ammo is fired from as many guns as available.

Yeeeeehaaaaaaaaa:)

150,000 rounds later; the echoes stopped, the smoke cleared, and the cheers from 200 soldiers pierced the night. Awesome to say the least. God help the poor fool to be in the way of that screaming hell-fire. Thousands of trace in the air all at once, which means four times that of bullets were flying too. Best light show I have seen in a long time.

BUT....good to be back home and on cable again!! We were hard wired to the commo lines on the range, on a good night we could do 20Kbps.........sux!:cool:

cphilip
09-27-2001, 06:24 AM
Welcome back Army. Good to hear you had some fun.

DRAGONSLAYER
09-27-2001, 06:55 AM
Hey, Army! Welcome home! Glad you made it back. Wish I could have helped w/all the extra ammo!

:cool:

ang310fd347h
09-27-2001, 11:27 AM
bullets .... hehehehhe ... FUN

zads27
09-27-2001, 12:39 PM
hey next time you have all that ammo, send it my way instead.. or at least invite me to come! ;)
goodness, 150k rounds?? what were you guys shooting? and i thought when me and my shooting buddies unloaded on a vehicle with 770 rounds in 10 seconds, that was the craziest shooting i've seen..

gosh army, you make me feel like less of a man. ;)

krafty
09-27-2001, 12:46 PM
Hey, save some for the troops in the field, wouldya? :)

zvanut
09-27-2001, 12:47 PM
Welcome Home (or atleast to AO)

squall
09-27-2001, 01:33 PM
Sounds like one expensive minute :)

Blue 88
09-27-2001, 02:42 PM
My dad was in artilery. Do they still pile up the excess bags of powder? He was in the back of a truck "fixing the raido"(sleeping) one morning on the range after a night of firing and the excess powder was piled up all aound this truck and it gets set off. He wakes up and sees the paint on the inside of the truck bubling, wrapes himself in a bunch of ponchos and runs out of the through the fire. He made it out fine 'cept for some burns on his legs.
He' got some storys to tell, can't hear though.