PDA

View Full Version : Emag trigger - legal?

andrewnelles
03-21-2004, 04:52 PM
OK, just got home from practice, first one since i got 3.2. My buffer is set at 4. But if i balance my finger right i can make it so the recoil of the gun makes me fire, pretty much full auto. I have a tourney next sunday, will this be a problem? If so how can i prevent it? It seems to be rather easy to do at any trigger length. Should i adjust the lightness of the trigger? Or is it a 3.2 buffer thing?

Rope a Dope
03-21-2004, 05:02 PM
You can try raising the shot buffer, it works much like debounce on a timmy.

I wouldn't worry about it... Timmys get massive switch bounce, you'll be considered slow, lol

felony
03-21-2004, 05:52 PM
you know i am in the same situation as you.

i got a ncpa tourney next week and was playing around with all my settings to avoid bounce. my emode is fine, but my buddy can get my hybrid to bounce.. i dont shoot in hybrid though, so what do i do. chances are the people checking arent gonna even know about the switch the emag can do, but i dont wanna get points taken from the team for a mode of fire i am not using.

i know this has been discussed before so i will just go search around the forums.

dan

Methylphenidate
03-21-2004, 06:07 PM
i have never had a ref switch the mode on me to chrono during a tourny.
mine is like that also in hybrid where the trigger runs away. and cus i dont use hybrid in tournys no no one cares you will be fine just stick to e mode or manual.

personman
03-21-2004, 07:53 PM
If you are sure you will never use/ need to use hybrid or manual, you can take out the trigger rod. Then again that kind of sucks. You can try lowering your input pressure. You could buy another sear assembally for the emag, and take one trigger rod out, and swap em out for the tourney..

the123
03-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by felony
i got a ncpa tourney next week
dan

where is that Tourney?

felony
03-21-2004, 09:36 PM
in georgia next week. the last one was in dalton georgia (regulators outpost), very close to TAG i believe. I think this one is a little bit closer to florida for us, but only by 20 minutes

sneakyhacker420
03-21-2004, 10:17 PM
it sounds like you still need to switch around the solenoid wires

label 1 wire, cut them both, then connect the labeled wire to the plain one, and the plain one to the labeled one - that takes away the 3.2 f/a bug