PDA

View Full Version : Air Leak Down Barrel...Seems Bumber Related

nak81783
03-21-2004, 09:36 PM
I've just upgraded my Mag with an X-valve, ULE Body, and ULT. Quite often there is slight to moderate leaking down the barrel after shots. It sputters for a while, then seals. At first I thought it was the LvL X, so I tried different carriers, o-rings, shims, etc. Couldn't find a solution there. Then I thought maybe the ULT on/off wasn't pushing down hard enough on the back of the sear to latch the bolt properly. I adjusted that in every way possible as well. Then I tried combining different adjustments in the ULT and LvL X to try to find a solution. Nothing worked. I returned all settings to the way they came from AGD.

Right now I'm focusing on the bumper. It seems like the bolt is sitting too far forward for the sear to latch it. Thus, is spits and sputters air down the barrel until it latches properly. I took the bumper out and everything seems to work fine since the bolt could sit further back, and the sear could catch it. I didn't want to run the Mag without a bumper for more than a few shots to see if my theory was correct, so I reinstalled it, and the problem came back.

I'm going to be ordering some new bumpers to see if the one I have is just out of spec or something. I don't think my sear is worn out, but I'm gonna look at that in more detail as well. Other than that, does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening?

I'm going to play with the ULT some more. I have a feeling there may be a small leak around the rings that I didn't notice at first, so it may not be making a proper seal with the trigger held back.

Thanks,
Nathan

nak81783
03-21-2004, 10:31 PM
I put a new main spring in. Thought I'd give it a try, since I hadn't thought about it as the source of the problem yet. I must have just got a bad/weak one from AGD with the LvL X on the X-valve. Everything seems to be sealed up now. I'll repost if the problem persists.

Thanks,
Nathan