PDA

View Full Version : You get one choice, Wide product availability or a Higher quality product...

GT
03-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Like I said you have one choice: you can get a gun that everyone has which is widely available or you can have a very high quality product that occasional is out of stock. BTW the price on both is the same.

Discuss!

DementedRabbit
03-22-2004, 12:39 PM
I picked "availability."

That's the reason I chose my Autococker over a Blazer. Sure, the Blazer might perform better, but if I had a problem I'd be shipping it cross-country. Compare that to a 'cocker where I can buy a brand new pump kit for pre-99 series markers.

Look at the problems people are having finding replacement parts for old semi-obscure electros like F5s and Tribals.
A gun(well, most) can't last forever on original parts.

Cryer
03-22-2004, 12:47 PM
I chose higher quality...
That way, you dont need your local store to have a replacement in stock

PRPB
03-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
I chose higher quality...
That way, you dont need your local store to have a replacement in stock

What Cryer said...

yeahthatsme
03-22-2004, 01:04 PM
to me theres more to this than availability when i look for a new gun i look at: is there good tech support, good/bad customer service, and a good online source of information?

lew
03-22-2004, 01:10 PM
I could wait a little while to get something that is of high quality. Although, it depends what it is. A gun, sure I'll wait. small parts, I need 'em now.

bunkermaster10
03-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Well I've been waitin like 4+ weeks for my viking what do you think I'll pick :)

Cryer
03-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by lew
I could wait a little while to get something that is of high quality. Although, it depends what it is. A gun, sure I'll wait. small parts, I need 'em now.

I was thinking like major equipment: Gun/ etc...

Small parts, yeah. I want a huge selection in stock now...

but Guns/Tanks... anything over 150/200 bucks, I'll wait on for quality.

lew
03-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

I was thinking like major equipment: Gun/ etc...

Small parts, yeah. I want a huge selection in stock now...

but Guns/Tanks... anything over 150/200 bucks, I'll wait on for quality.

Exactly.:)

-=Squid=-
03-22-2004, 01:53 PM
You shouldnt have to sacrifice performance for widespread availability. Look at the timmies... You can always find one but they are all high quality. So what did I vote for? Neither. :)

Ratzo
03-22-2004, 02:10 PM
I prefer quality but I have a big problem when it comes to things not being in stock.
You can get excellent quality and still have high production at the same time it all depends on the people you've got doing your work.
If you enforce your quality requirements that you've outsourced you should never have problems.
Lets talk about Aerospace those tolerances are insanly tight but that stuff is still mass produced it's just that the parent company will deni work done if it's not in spec.

logamus
03-22-2004, 04:35 PM
give me in stock, because waiting sucks. :)

RRfireblade
03-22-2004, 04:51 PM
In todays world of C&C machines and the ability to cheaply and quickly produce product at quality that is equal to or exceeding 'other' mass production manufactures,I really don't see why you couldn't and shouldn't be able to have both.

Wait times on current production models should not exceed a couple weeks at most.

lamby
03-22-2004, 08:48 PM
if there is no way to buy it, who cares how good it is? Give me availibility.

Rather
03-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Give me something different and hard to find. Thats how about all my stuff is. Most of it is discontinued (some for obvious reasons...but they are still fun novelties).

I absolutely hate going and seeing that someone has the same thing as me. I'm alsmot as bad as a woman about that. Like when a woman sees another woman wearing hte same dress, I get the same kinda p/oed sometimes. :P

Do you want to go to a field with the exact same marker as everyone else? Sure it would be an easier job for field techs. But where's the fun in that if everyone knows how your own gun works, probably better than you do?