PDA

View Full Version : Chopping Mag

WarInTheWoods
03-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Chopping Mag
i have a automag 68 with power feed and ever since i got it all it does really in games is chop. like crazy. i have try tons of paintballs and still it chops i try putting the velocity down it still chops. i have a 12v revy on it. i use co2 but when i try my friends n2 tank on it, it still chop like a crazy. im saving up for a n2 tank and level 10 bolt but is there anything i can do untill ten to stop it from chopping?
thx

Dayspring
03-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Are you sure its chopping and not barrel breaks?

And no, not really. Level 10 will stop the chops. Lowering your velocity won't really do anything for chopping.

Dern
03-22-2004, 03:40 PM
I never had this problem with either my classic valve or retro valve without LvL 10, sure there were a few chops, but only like 2-3 per 500 balls. Like Dayspring said, is it chopping on your bolt or breaking in your barrel? Is there a foamie on your bolt? Is your powerfeed plug inserted correctly, because it may be slowing down balls from loading into the breech if its twisted or something. Also, make sure you aren't short stroking the gun.

GA Devil
03-22-2004, 03:52 PM
What powerfeed plug do you have? Does it have set screws? If so adjust those so the balls feed better. If not it may very well be your problem. It may be catching the balls instead of letting them go in the breach area smoothly.

Joni
03-23-2004, 06:32 AM
You might have the old non-parabolic pf-plug. My friend had the same problem, and just changed the plug. Voila, a lot less chopping.

xen_100
03-23-2004, 12:11 PM
when you are firing fast, does it sound like it shoots twice really close together? if it does, that is short stroking. almost always, a SS will result in a chop. you have to practice with the trigger and learn to fully pull the trigger and fully release it before you pull it again.

either way, once you get LX you will not have this problem.

foodboy
03-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Check for a broken wire nubbin too.
I played with a broken nubbin and it acted like a pin breaking tons of paint.
I bought a lvl 10 then noticed the real problem. lol

lvl 10 is sweet anyway

goodluck