PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean when...

trains are bad
03-22-2004, 07:30 PM
.. you fire, and the trigger doesn't return, and it's leaking massively until you screw the tank off, the trigger resets, and screw it back on, and it works fine until it happens again?

Is this 'bolt stick'?

And what causes it?

danheneise
03-22-2004, 09:19 PM
this is definatly bolt stick, if it is a Level 10, then either the carrier is too small, or not enough shims, in this case, since this seems pretty severe it's probably too small of a carrier, always remember, bolt stick = need looser carrier and/or more shims, leaking down the barrel = need tighter carrier, and/or less shims

the reason it resets when you pull your tank off and back on, is because the flow of air stops and allows the bolt to be pushed back, sear locks up and air is re-attached to the gun

Dan Heneise

RRfireblade
03-22-2004, 09:26 PM
If it showed up out of nowhere,it could just need oil. Either in the Powertube or the on/off assy or both.

trains are bad
03-22-2004, 09:32 PM
It's Classic valve.

I just welded my powerfeed back on and I'm afraid I changed some tolerances somehow. Either by warping, or that ring in the body moving (because I think it's silver-soldered in).

RRfireblade
03-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Well that's a definate possibility if the bolt is hanging on something inside the body.Check the P/F area for excessive weld or blow through that might be obstructing the bolt.

trains are bad
03-22-2004, 09:52 PM
...but it uses twist lock barrels, and does it even w/ the barrel out.

RRfireblade
03-22-2004, 09:59 PM
I don't know what to tell you.:confused:

Put the valve in with no spring and no barrel and see if it moves forward and back freely.Hook it with something(like a hook tool) and move it forward and back and see what it feels like.Check the bolt for marks that may indicate it's getting caught.

Maybe try it in another gun if possible.

My gut tells me it's related to the welded P/F but you should be able to tell for sure.