PDA

View Full Version : flood the market

funkykarl
03-22-2004, 07:33 PM
When it comes to markers these days, performance keeps on getting cheaper and cheaper. I, the young, tournament-minded, very broke paintballer need something that can keep up, yet something that won't cut my budget to the point where I'll never be able to afford the paint my new marker will be slinging. So, I do what thousands like me are doing - turn to the numerous companies selling guns that claim to compete with anything out there at less than half the price. The sacrifice, it seems, comes in quality. How can something that cheap possibly be a solid reliable marker? Deals like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3666980325), however, are pretty tempting. Is it worth it to risk your money on these kind of guns? Post your thoughts.

yeahthatsme
03-22-2004, 07:37 PM
i've heard bad things about those....whats your budget, exactly? that would help AO make a good suggestion as to a competetive marker purchase.

funkykarl
03-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
i've heard bad things about those....whats your budget, exactly? that would help AO make a good suggestion as to a competetive marker purchase.

I already have a marker I'd trust over this one anyday of the week (tribal mephisto), and I'm not particularly interested in buying one. I was just saw it on ebay and was hoping to spark some good discussion, since it seems to be an issue alot of kids my age (16) deal with (at least those of us who don't still have mommy and daddy pay for everything).

tolley
03-22-2004, 07:45 PM
I heard bad things about those too!!! Before you pay $250 for that thing, consider your options with AGD. The Dragunfly is an electronic copy of a very good gun, the mechanical marker that it is trying to copy sells for as little as $279 on the net and is tons better.

Did I get the point across without saying the name.

Chris42050
03-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Ok I have to know. What have you guys heard thats bad about this gun. Falls apart? Shoots crooked? Velocity inconsistent?

the_next_guy_
03-22-2004, 08:28 PM
I think you get what you pay for, most of the time. When I had my fist spyder, it never broke on me. But my friend's little brother has a 32 degreese spyder clone that is almost half the price, and it has many problems. Screws strip and pins get stuck, it is just not as well made. I think that it is good that there are cheap guns avalable, but the buyer should realize that they will get what they pay for most of the time.

tyrion2323
03-22-2004, 09:06 PM
Squid'll try to jump me if I say this, but:

The DRAGUN/OGI TES is pretty damned awesome for the price.

There, that's it! NO MARKETING! THBBBBT :p

TeamNausea
03-22-2004, 10:02 PM
God is that all you do is try to sell those dang ogis?

funkykarl
03-22-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by TeamNausea
God is that all you do is try to sell those dang ogis?

Hahaha. Honestly though, do you think part of it could be that they spend nothing on advertising and save money by just selling the stuff on ebay?

barberjohn
03-22-2004, 10:42 PM
hey, thats what 3A does, and they seem to be doin pretty good!

funkykarl
03-22-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by barberjohn
hey, thats what 3A does, and they seem to be doin pretty good!

Yeah, but they don't sell anything special... they sell barrelkits alright, but the quality obviously just isn't there. And tanks/tank covers with cartoons on them of scantily clad girls just arent cool to us middle-school graduates. But an E-cocker with what seems to be a working anti-chop bolt... that's something when you can get it new for 250.

TeamNausea
03-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah 3a does do decent on ebay alone.

xXHavokXx
03-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Dont get a TES. For the love of god, do not get a TES

They have common problems. One of which the only way to fix it is to get different orings or wrap an entire part of the gun in teflon tape.

Customer service sucks, quality sucks.

To give them credit, they look cool.

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Try to get a hold of a used matrix. One can be had for about $500 (LED w/o eyes). But what's wrong with the tribal? If it's working for you, stick with it. The biggest mistake(s) I've made were to trade guns that worked perfect and end up w/broken guns that were supposed to work.

barberjohn
03-22-2004, 11:00 PM
actually the 3A nitro tanks are very small and light. they also use centerflag hyperflow regulators, which, from my experience, work very well!

bgredjeep
03-23-2004, 07:21 AM
I think the Dragun markers are pretty good for the price. The only issue I have seen with their cocker is when a local kid cranked his reg trying to get it to shoot farther and blew the seals out of the gun... Too much pressure will do that to a lot of markers. There are a lot of TES's at my local field to and they tend to hold up well. Every now and then someone will have trouble, but most are simple o-rings or the above mentioned screw that needs to be sealed.