PDA

View Full Version : What gun? Advice wanted

teamberserkr
03-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Here is the deal, I've been playing for a few years now, on a team that plays a few (about 4-5) competetive tournaments a year. I use a 2002 shocker (I know smart parts bad but gun shoot good). I've been pleased with it's performance. That brings me to the problem: I'm looking to get a different gun. I'm going to spend less than $1000 on it. I want an electronic trigger, with a faster rate of fire (02 shockers top at 11.4 bps) My biggest requirement is that the marker does not break/chop paint. Any suggestions, observations, or general advice would be appreciated.

TeamNausea
03-23-2004, 12:07 AM
I would reccomend a 2003 shocker w/ or w/o vision they are nice. I to dislike the company but cant bash the performance of my shocker.

tyrion2323
03-23-2004, 12:13 AM
My suggestions:

Hybrid Quest Race'd Cocker
Dragun ONE TES
AIM SWIFT eBladed Cocker
EVIL Omen

PM'd ya

TeamNausea
03-23-2004, 12:16 AM
TYRION SHUT UP IM TIRED OF YOUR ADVICE...

Ok sorry but I had to dang TES... :mad:

teamberserkr
03-23-2004, 12:28 AM
I've looked at the eframe cockers and other "auto-cocking markers" I question thier reliability. The 03 shockers are very nice. I've been leaning in that direction. But I have an allergy to broken paint of any kind (shoot an older model shocker for a while and you will understand) Keep the ideas coming

tyrion2323
03-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by TeamNausea
TYRION SHUT UP IM TIRED OF YOUR ADVICE...

If you're sick of my advice, then get the hell off the boards. I'm a frequent poster, and I make recommendations based on what I would consider for myself.

TeamNausea
03-23-2004, 12:35 AM
All you do is reccomned tes becuz they sponsor youor your team or something...

tyrion2323
03-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Right...You heard that from who? Squid?

Yeah, I recommend the TES. I also recommend the Mag. I also recommend the Omen. I also recommend a lot of freakin' things based on what the person is posting about.

Next time, before you tell me why I do things, think about what you're saying. I am an active, positive contributer to these forums, and I don't need jerks like you flaming me.

TeamNausea
03-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Actualy i saw it in a forum a while ago. Try helpful advice like the cocker info you put up there not TES just like a timmy just with no advertising.

tyrion2323
03-23-2004, 12:47 AM
This guy has already said he's not interested in a cocker, TES or Omen, so Im' not going to hijack his thread any longer.

If you want details about the markers, PM me and I"ll send you a detailed list.

LeatherPants
03-23-2004, 02:17 AM
For under $1000 you have alot of choices.

Shocker w/Vision- You've owned one and these thing are now faster, lighter, more efficient that your older one. But DIE SP DIE!

Dye LCD Matrix- Has eyes. Out of the box it is fast as hell. You can swap in an Evolve bolt and get close to 1850 per 68/4500.

Viking- 03 or 04 it will be closer to $1000 for the 04 but you have great speed. Has WAS board and eyes. You can get about a case of paint with a 68/4500

E Cocker- There are a ton of them out there that fall under $1000. Right now WGP has their new Mini E Orracle that is really nice and comes with some pretty good stock parts and a good barrel kit. You could look in to that also. Cockers are reliable if you just understand them.

Timmy- You might be able to find a used Timmy. An 02, Storm etc. They all shoot the same just have cosmetic changes. Fast.

You shouldn't chop with any of these if set up right only problem I have is I actually get barrel breaks. If any of the balls are misshapend to slow them in the barrel I'll hit it with the next ball but that's just me.