PDA

View Full Version : Pump mag help

Southpaw
03-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Does the pump on the pump mag return forward by itself? My kit is kind of stiff I didnt even know that there was a spring in the handle untill I took the handle off to polish my body! I know there are a Few people here that have them any help would be nice. Well off to my scrap heap to find a new spring to test!

Xas
03-24-2004, 04:04 PM
yes the pump should return on its own,
mine has two springs one for the pump and one for the return. You should be able to pump it with a single finger.
possibly the pump arm is rubbing against the rail?
it could be bent and causing too much friction or it could just be a matter of breaking it in.

Southpaw
03-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Ok My pump only has one spring :mad: But I put a bigger spring in it now so it will return forward without pushing it forward. Is one spring on the guide rod and one at the bottom of the oval hole? I used to have a link to the agd website that had a diagram but I cant find it now :(

Southpaw
03-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Ok I think I have @ problems.
1. This pump is on a mini body and the extended part of the body is very close to the pump handle and possibly rubbing.
2. I have only 1 spring and I had it in the rear only and now that I look at it you are right there should be 2 one in the front and one in the back.

Does anyone have a link to the diagram that was linked to when the pump parts were for sale in the attic?

Xas
03-24-2004, 09:31 PM
i don't have the link but the big spring goes in back and the smaller one in the front
btw here is mine
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1365832#post1365832

Southpaw
03-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Thank you for your input. I Fixed it with a match book cover :D It was rubbing on the vented part of my body. I also bought new springs $0.15 it works like a dream now! the best 15 cents I have ever spent. It at least upped my bps by a factor of 2 to a solid 2-3 bps :D

P.S. how short is your stroke on the pump (that sounds bad)

Xas
03-26-2004, 01:31 PM
congrats on getting it working, that's what i love about mags you can basically fix all the problems yourself with stuff from the hardware store hehe.

the stroke is comparable to a phantom but softer. Id say an inch - inch an a half offhand, i guess i can measure it sometime.
You can just push the bolt back with your finger if you stick it in the breach it doesnt take much at all. The length comes from the damn bolt flying forward, that is why the rod travel is so long, it has to be clear of the bolt when it shoots.

sbpyro
03-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Okay looks like I have the same problem with only one spring
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=262
But that is what is shown in the diagram
3 questions
1. What is the correct sequence of the springs/pump handle/ oval part that connects to the part attached to the rail.
Right now I have screw (shoulder screw) going into pump handle with an 1.5" spring on the other side in the oval hole.

2. What are the two sizes (ID, wire diameter, and length) of the spring?

3. Any recommendations on where to get the springs.
Thanks

Southpaw
03-26-2004, 10:28 PM
The springs are 1 and 1/4 inch long and the one on the front is cut to about 1 inch they both are 1/2 inch diameter and fairly stuff :( . I purched them at a store called Ax-man it just has random stuff the link not that it will do you any goodhttp://www.ax-man.com/ Right now I have a spring on the rod it is ~1inch long that is in the front of the pump then in the back the 1 1/4 inch spring they work against each other and balance the pump. I also had to open the pump handle up a bit to get it to work smooth. just take the pump assembly in to a place that has springs an try them that is what I did.