PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else dislike the ULE bodies?

trains are bad
03-23-2004, 12:04 PM
I think they're ugly.

I don't like how the front is angled. Does this serve a purpose or is it an attempt at stylizing?

I also don't like the 'cosmetic' milling.

Maybe I'm a plain person but simplicity excites me.

cgrieves
03-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Then the standard mag body is designed just for you...

trains are bad
03-23-2004, 12:07 PM
but it aint ULE.

Also, There really should be a warp Tac-one (if there isn't).

cgrieves
03-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Weight difference is, to be honest, minimal. Alternatively get a sluggo machined down to a basic tube.

Realistically, AGD have to design it to the satisfaction of the majority, and the majority seem to like it... for everyone else they make the sluggo.

trains are bad
03-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Nobody makes a non-ule warp body, though, do they? And what is the actual weight difference?

Would I be better off with an xvalve and regular body or a ULE body and a retro valve?

Skoad
03-23-2004, 12:17 PM
the first warp bodies were non-ule.

Major Jam
03-23-2004, 12:34 PM
I like the ULE body design.

Tom K. let the AO forum select from a few designs a long time ago. He put it up to a vote. I found it searching.

GT
03-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by cgrieves
Weight difference is, to be honest, minimal. Alternatively get a sluggo machined down to a basic tube.

I believe the weight difference is almost half. I can get excat numbers whne I get to the house tonight.

the ULE AGD offers has just enough AL on it to make it sctrutrally sound.

cgrieves
03-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
I believe the weight difference is almost half. I can get excat numbers whne I get to the house tonight.

I don't doubt it, but it's still half of "not a lot", i.e. still a minimal difference!

I'm always suprised at how my stainless warp mechanical Retromag is so much lighter than my X.

fire1811
03-23-2004, 02:37 PM
i actually like the angle on the front
hell when i had a old school rt i cut the front off to make it look like that before they started producing bodies like that.

Banshee23
03-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by cgrieves

I'm always suprised at how my stainless warp mechanical Retromag is so much lighter than my X.

That's because of the X's battery, it's a heavy sucker :(

Havoc_online
03-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

more than half. :)
(54%)

boggerman
03-23-2004, 09:00 PM
I personally think that they look great. I just put one on my emag and am very happy with it. It has turned my emag back into my favorite marker again. The vert feed/low rise plus the lighter weight(yes it is minimal) have sidelined my eblade in favor of the emag. It did have a warp body and warp/revy setup and it was just too much of a boat anchor with all that stuff. The ULE and eggo setup I have now is great. I plan on milling the rail when I can stand to take it apart again long enough, I imagine it won't weigh much more than the eblade after that.

SirTim
03-23-2004, 09:29 PM
I like everything about it. I hate the old body. It looks like a piece of pipe. That's why I prefer the minimag body the most, until the ULE. :D

RenagadeOfFunk
03-23-2004, 09:37 PM
i think im straggling the line of LIKE and DISLIKE....i like that its light...and i dont like the plain desing (no offence its decent)...But i think the "design" looks more like deep straight scratches...

IMO i think a wavy line that goes with the neck would of been nice...

...then again there is nicad and the DW crew to save our body issues...:cool:

Crime Dog
03-24-2004, 07:07 AM
To quote a good friend of mine regarding looks of guns:

"It's a paintball gun, not a prom date."

;)

I have the ULE Body. It's fine for me. Of course, I'm one of those guys that thinks Palmer Blazers are nice looking as well. Really, it's relative. I'm much more interested in how the gun PERFORMS than how it looks.

trains are bad
03-24-2004, 08:31 AM
I think blazers are sexy too. I'll have one someday.

RRfireblade
03-24-2004, 09:04 AM
I like the ULE design,as I believe do the majority of AO.

I guess that's why everyone has the option to NOT buy it.;)

Ratzo
03-24-2004, 09:49 AM
I'm not all that fond of the ULE to plain.
I like a little more style in te bodies.

Skywalker
03-24-2004, 12:15 PM
I was thinking of putting an A Plus clamping feedneck on my ULE, I think that would spruce it up a bit.