PDA

View Full Version : what size pin is better ?

RT77
03-23-2004, 02:51 PM
I have a new rt pro/ no ult just x valve and I am using a crossfire preset, I was wanting to know if I could get a more responsive trigger if I get a different size pin for my on/off and what size pin should I get and where do I get them ? I figured this may be a little cheaper than buying an adjustable tank.

I play mostly in the woods and just want to wow my friends, I would like to be able to make it kick into full auto and then single shot if I pull the trigger all the way back. I understand this is illegal in competition and I may have to change pins back before going to a paintball feild.

Dayspring
03-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Problem is, you have .015" to work with on pin length from working to full auto.

The RT Pro pin size is .765". The next one down is .750".

This is the .015" difference and the gun will full auto no matter what if you go to the next size pin down.

RT77
03-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Any other options...what about sanding the pin down, and how much would a new rt pro pin cost in case I sand it to much. If this would work what grit sand paper would work best ?

RRfireblade
03-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Use some fine emery cloth or very fine sand paper and take some off ,trying it often in between, till you get the reactivity you want.

New pins are only $8 I think so it's not a major catastrophy if you go to far.

It's really not that hard.

RT77
03-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Should I sand the bottom or the top of the pin ? How should I stick it back in...with the sanded part on top or bottom ?

RRfireblade
03-23-2004, 11:01 PM
Sand the small end.

Tunaman
03-23-2004, 11:03 PM
AGD does make the correct pin for what you are trying to do. Call Jon and get one. I dont recommend filing your pin either...the marker is not supposed to go full auto.

RT77
03-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
AGD does make the correct pin for what you are trying to do. Call Jon and get one. I dont recommend filing your pin either...the marker is not supposed to go full auto.
Tuna, I thought going from the rt pro pin .765 to the next size smaller pin that would be .750 would just make it shoot full auto...or would it just be full auto at the begining of the pull so if I just pulled it all the way back would it single fire ? Or do they make a pin thats in between .750 and .765 ?