PDA

View Full Version : WAS/System X deal...and a new gun

Prairie
03-23-2004, 04:30 PM
www.flagpull.com

Check it out...it's definetly a hardcore timmy clone.

Load SM5
03-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Actually looks pretty cool but yep....timmy clone. Not liking the hose coming from the lpr.

Automaggin2
03-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Awesome. My friend is a hardcore SYSX dealer, so hopefully he will get a few in stock and let you guys know how they are.

Cryer
03-23-2004, 04:45 PM
never been a big fan of SysX or WAS...

thei3ug
03-23-2004, 04:46 PM
and how does your friend feel about that fact being public?

Prairie
03-23-2004, 04:56 PM
:D

magman007
03-23-2004, 05:02 PM
it really isnt timmy like at all... i had the chance to put some air through it at HB. Its more like a spyder. I wouldnt be surprised it it was a sear tripper actually.

all i know, is that compared to a timmy, the thing feels like a spyder clone when firing it.

Rope a Dope
03-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Actually it's more like a T.E.S with The One kit installed.

Markers like this are going to be bridging the gap betwee low end and high end. Good stuff.

Jack & Coke
03-23-2004, 05:49 PM
http://www.dbnpaintball.com/misc/xonik.bmp

Prairie
03-23-2004, 06:40 PM
Uhm, yes, you can post a picture. heh.

Jack & Coke
03-23-2004, 07:01 PM
huh?:confused:

68magOwner
03-23-2004, 07:04 PM
i wouldnt mind having one as a backup if its in the low-end price range.

PS- they combine dragon timmy-wannabe milling with an eblade for their cocker clone, teh Xonix (think thats the name)
now they do this for their timmy clone, although they did their own milling this time, and it looks bad *bum* too

1stdeadeye
03-23-2004, 07:18 PM
That is actually pretty nice looking. Might have to get one once I learn more about it. I.e. Timmy clone or Spyder Clone!

funkykarl
03-23-2004, 07:36 PM
hardcore timmy clone is right. if it turns out to be a seer tipper, i'd be very suprised.

LeatherPants
03-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Well you figure with all the S*** that the AKA guys talk about Jim and the fact that Bob no longer uses WAS in the Timmys, Jim had to go somewhere.

Kinda sucks that it's System X though.

thecavemankevin
03-23-2004, 08:19 PM
cough...timmy...cough :)

not bad looking though. I guess we shall see about performance though.

by the way, whats wrong with SYSX? i don't own anything by them, but out here in Richmond va a couple stores deal pretty heavily in their gear. so far all the guys seem to like SYSX.

Cryer
03-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin
...by the way, whats wrong with SYSX? i don't own anything by them, but out here in Richmond va a couple stores deal pretty heavily in their gear. so far all the guys seem to like SYSX.

They knock off everyones stuff... They have E cocker frames modeled after eblades, They have cockers milled like dragon timmis, this gun, etc... They copy everyones image

Chubby McFatso
03-23-2004, 08:33 PM
I actually hope this hurts Timmy sales. I can't stand those things.

Wynken
03-23-2004, 08:35 PM
I like how it has two nail pulling wedges in the back. Now I can sell my hammer.

magsRus
03-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by magman007
it really isnt timmy like at all... i had the chance to put some air through it at HB. Its more like a spyder. I wouldnt be surprised it it was a sear tripper actually.

all i know, is that compared to a timmy, the thing feels like a spyder clone when firing it.

Thats because the Bob Long Intimidator is based off Spyder operation and some parts. So that would even make it more like a clone to the Intimidator

tyrion2323
03-23-2004, 08:42 PM
It's certainly VERY NICE LOOKING!

I like the color scheme.

thecavemankevin
03-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

They knock off everyones stuff... They have E cocker frames modeled after eblades, They have cockers milled like dragon timmis, this gun, etc... They copy everyones image

yeah i see what your saying.....but overall their stuff seems of decent quality and function.

So, SYSX clearly isn't an inovative company. They are a second mover, thus they wait till someone else does it and they enter into competition with a lower cost similar quality item. So what makes them different than most companies in the world?....cough...dell..cough.

thei3ug
03-23-2004, 10:17 PM
i'm sorry, i have to speak up against sys x quality.

Had one of their guns in... their inline was a palmer clone. No problems there on my part. Didn't get to test it out.

The back block was made of a real soft "velveeta grade" aluminum. The thing stripped its own cocking rod threads out after a day. The owner went through several that sys x kept shipping. Supposedly they fixed that problem. Sharp edges on the milling, a switch that wouldn't stop leaking... I didn't get to tear down the LPR. I was NOT impressed with the quality.

Not only that, some of their competing products are MORE expensive than the things they cloned.