PDA

View Full Version : RT/P X Problem... Dispair

dv8withn8
03-23-2004, 06:37 PM
I've had this problem since the end of last summer... My gun will gas up and cock but not fire. If i turn the pressure up more it'll blow out. There also seems to be a small leak (very quiet) from the little hole on the side of the valve. I've checked/changed o-rings, taken the thing apart more times than i can remember... I can't figure it out for the life of me. Anyone in the Chicago area (short of driving 2+ hours to AGD HQ. I live in the Lincoln Park/Belmont area) wanna fix it for me? I might even consider paying. (that desperate.. lol) But if somone can give me some good advice on here I'll try it again. I need this thing purring. The nice weather today has me longing to play. *sigh*

RRfireblade
03-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Put on the shortest spring,oil the crap out of the powertube and make sure the bolt slides freely in the current carrier.If it's tight,go up a size,even if it leaks and see if it will at least fire.

Also,make sure that there is no more than 1/16" between the trigger and the trigger rod when fully cocked.

dv8withn8
04-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Ok, I was out at Challenge Park this past Sunday, still couldn't get my gun to work. I asked some other guys I noticed shooting mags for some help and they tried everything i have, including what was posted above. We got the gun to fire. Once. After that it sounded like it was struggling to recharge. The pressure into the gun was ok. Oiled, tried different springs, etc. Still doesn't work. I don't get it.

Needless to say I ended up with a rental. CP has the crappiest rentals ever. (JT guns in disrepair) Didn't like the atmosphere, a lot of the employees act as if they were working a ****ty Wal-Mart job or somethin. Not a fun place. (Was my first time there) I was a bit concerned with the fields having broken glass & sharp/rusty metal strewn about. And an $18 admission fee. wtf?

Anyway, if someone can give me some more advice on fixing this thing or if you think AGD will have a look at it for me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
n8

Dayspring
04-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Send it to AGD or PM Tunaman for a fix.

kevdupuis
04-05-2004, 04:22 PM
You may have gotten a piece of debris in the valve somewhere and caught in an air passage. Very uncommon but can happen.

Tunaman
04-05-2004, 04:29 PM
If you are getting a leak out the small hole, that is due to a bad oring in the HP side of the reg. You need to replace and lube the reg pin orings.

dv8withn8
04-05-2004, 11:58 PM
After i swapped out for the shortest spring the leak stopped but the rest of the problems remain. I had it running on the same spring it came out of the box with. The guys at the field said it looked like crap and not to use it.