PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Leaks (Flatline, Valve)

Maffer
03-23-2004, 06:43 PM
I think I have finally solved all my gun problems, except for 2 small things which are more annoyance than problems. I submerged my gun in water to check for leaks, and here's what I got: on my Flatline air system there seems to be a tiny leak coming from underneath the c clamp which goes around the reg and attaches to the drop forward. I didn't want to take it off to check it because I know they are hard to put back on, so if anyone has any knowledge on this please enlighten me!
Second, I have a very tiny leak coming from the valve (Classic) which is only about 1 bubble per .5 seconds, so it's nothing big, but should I get out the teflon tape and go to town? Thanks in advance for any info!

Evil1
03-24-2004, 02:50 AM
Where exactly is the bubbles coming from on the gun? I can't really help with the flatline.

xen_100
03-25-2004, 02:33 PM
more than likely the o-ring that seals the two parts of the body of the flatline reg is leaking. the c-clamp is not that hard to take off and on. seperate the two halves of the reg and put a little oil on the oring and screw it back together. if it still leaks, you need a new oring.

as for the classic valve, is it leaking from the air input fitting or from the where the halves of the valve go together? if it is the air fitting, take it off and use a little teflon(hate that stuff) or blue loctite to seal it up. if it is leaking from inbetween the halves of the valve, then seperate the halves and replace the oring.(dont even both with oiling it, you have to replace the reg seat each time your seperate the halves of the valve, so just replace it)

Maffer
03-25-2004, 05:01 PM
What type of oil should I use on the o-rings? I think I fixed the gun leak, it was the big o-ring, but there was one thing I didn't understand... You have to replace the reg seat each time you take the valve apart? That doesn't seem right to me, I've had the reg seat I have had for about half a year, and it still works great, and I have taken it apart after each game I have played.

xen_100
03-25-2004, 05:09 PM
just regular painrball oil works fine.

it is reccommended that you replace the reg seat each time you take the reg apart. If you dont you run the risk of it not seating correctly. (cause you will never get it in the same spot it was agian.) when the reg seat is replaced it gets an impression in it from the valve pin. if you see strange veloicty spikes or other wierd leaking issues, you may want to replace it. I would say you have been lucky so far. also there is no reason to break the valve down everytime you play. I have had mine for about two years and only rebuilt it once (when I first bought it, used)

BagelBoy2004
03-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Just to let you know if it's a 3000 psi Flatline you may use the RT/ReTro Parts kit to replace the o-rings. They use the same parts. (How smart of AGD);)
Just the other day I fixed my friend's leaky Flatline in 5 minutes using these parts.