PDA

View Full Version : Shocktech DM4

magman007
03-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Well, I have always been a fan of shocktech's work, and it always in my mind has looked pretty fn good. From the westwood cockers, to the SFL e-mags, even their impy looks damn cool i think, but my god, what the hell were they thinking when they crapped this out?

http://www.dedicatedpaintball.com/images/DM4.JPG

i mean its just ugly!

http://www.teammisplaced.com/la5.jpg

the barrel threaded part looks like crap, and the whole line of the gun, is just destroyed. I was waiting till i saw pics of one before i decided... now i know il go with the Dye version....

Cryer
03-23-2004, 08:35 PM
I didnt think it was possible to make it uglier:confused:

laxkid
03-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
I didnt think it was possible to make it uglier:confused:

yea and the thread adapter looks like you could flik it off and it just looks plain ugly

tony3
03-23-2004, 08:39 PM
I don't think its to bad...

toolfan62
03-23-2004, 08:42 PM
SEXY......kinda

magman007
03-23-2004, 08:43 PM
well, it should be very light, if you notice, the body is only as wide as the gripframe! that shoudl account for a lot of weight. Also, it appears as if a norise may be able to be used, wich is a very nice touch, something that people have been *****ing about for a good amount of time now...

i still think il go with a stock dm4 tho....

magsRus
03-23-2004, 08:44 PM
I thought that DYE had made a certian patent or something that companies couldnt custom make DM4's.

toolfan62
03-23-2004, 08:45 PM
u thought wrong

tony3
03-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Shocktech had to get permission to sell them, I bet dye gets some kind of royalties or something like that.

-=Squid=-
03-23-2004, 08:51 PM
Good god... if I posted the MSN convo me and a teammate are having on this beast, I would get banned. Seriously, I LOVE the dm4, but shocktech BUTCHERED it. The ASA doesnt even line up! ITS HIDEOUS! :mad:

magsRus
03-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by toolfan62
u thought wrong

Leave it to you to point out the obvious

toolfan62
03-23-2004, 08:54 PM
thank you

Nick O time
03-23-2004, 08:57 PM
yeah i saw that and i just have to say i think it is hideous. yuck i'll take my DM4 over the Shocktech any day. not to mention they are basically identical in function(from what i have been told).

WARPED1
03-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by magman007
Well, I have always been a fan of shocktech's work, and it always in my mind has looked pretty fn good. From the westwood cockers, to the SFL e-mags, even their impy looks damn cool i think, but my god, what the hell were they thinking when they crapped this out?
i mean its just ugly!
the barrel threaded part looks like crap, and the whole line of the gun, is just destroyed. I was waiting till i saw pics of one before i decided... now i know il go with the Dye version.... It's called "bandwagon". Shocktech has jumped aboard.

tjmpaintball06
03-23-2004, 08:58 PM
it's not that bad, besides performance are more important than looks, i mean the old automags look pretty bad with the SS grey bodies but they caught on, PS. where can i buy a SFL Emag?

magman007
03-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
It's called "bandwagon". Shocktech has jumped aboard.

look who is talking about jumping on bandwagons......

it's not that bad, besides performance are more important than looks, i mean the old automags look pretty bad with the SS grey bodies but they caught on, PS. where can i buy a SFL Emag

you cant buy one new. Try keeping an eye out in the BST forums, and you might be able to hunt one down.

you know, the more and more i stare at it, it kinda grows. Il see one in real life, and decide if the price difference is worth it, ya know?

68magOwner
03-23-2004, 09:08 PM
meh, it would of been better if they had just shaved off every ounce possible, and left it smooth, i hate that "pattern"

teufelhunden
03-23-2004, 09:09 PM
I like it.

Cryer
03-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by 68magOwner
meh, it would of been better if they had just shaved off every ounce possible, and left it smooth, i hate that "pattern"
yes.
I was just thinking this. I would love to see that

WARPED1
03-23-2004, 09:17 PM

WTF that supposed to mean?! I've never jumped on a bandwagon, I'm not a fairweather friend. Until recently, I still owned a Tribal backup, I had an Excal before they were cool. I know shoot a Vision Imp because I know what a good gun really is.
I fart in your general direction.

magman007
03-23-2004, 09:21 PM
right, and you dont just go around, saying sp this sp that, being a nuissance, and a sp bandwagonier. You are like an AGD zealot, but for sp. If Adam and Billy Gardiner patented Crap on a stick, you would be first in line.

Please, leave your negative comments at home, and bring a positive feeling to AO. Even though we are critiquing a gun, your negativity is not needed. Id appreciate it if you left your comments at the door, and unless you had something to contribute, that you leave my thread. thanks.

-=Squid=-
03-23-2004, 09:33 PM
right, and you dont just go around, saying sp this sp that, being a nuissance, and a sp bandwagonier. You are like an AGD zealot, but for sp. If Adam and Billy Gardiner patented Crap on a stick, you would be first in line.

Please, leave your negative comments at home, and bring a positive feeling to AO. Even though we are critiquing a gun, your negativity is not needed. Id appreciate it if you left your comments at the door, and unless you had something to contribute, that you leave my thread. thanks. Burninated! ... and I agree.

Yes, you have realized a vision imp is a great gun. Where did you get this from? Its good for a begginner tourney player... but it cant match the efficiency, quality, speed, anti chop ability, or great feel of nearly ANY other gun. You also discovered how HORRIBLE a dm4 is but how great your genX was. :rolleyes:

Sounds more like you cant AFFORD stuff like this, so you just bash it and then praise your smart parts crap... I mean, vision impulse. Sorry for the flame, but I had to get it out...

RenagadeOfFunk
03-23-2004, 09:40 PM
it HAD to be ugly...it has to be milled to death to be an "SFL"...which i bet it is..but its not worth more than another $200 to take a chainsaw to the DM4...
...and $199 of that is for the Shocktech name/logo...:rolleyes:

WARPED1
03-23-2004, 10:19 PM

Please, leave your negative comments at home, and bring a positive feeling to AO. Even though we are critiquing a gun, your negativity is not needed. Id appreciate it if you left your comments at the door, and unless you had something to contribute, that you leave my thread. thanks. No. I've always liked SP. Do I like thier business practices? No, but thier markers and barrels simply rule. And I wasn't being megative there you gavon. I was merely styating that because the DM4 is the hot gun of the moment, Shocktech jumped on the bandwagon. Is there a problem with that? No, you just read to deeply in stuff.

wimag
03-23-2004, 10:20 PM

you cant buy one new. Try keeping an eye out in the BST forums, and you might be able to hunt one down.

you know, the more and more i stare at it, it kinda grows. Il see one in real life, and decide if the price difference is worth it, ya know?

interesting, in less than an hour you went from bashing it to praising it.

Squid: shut up.until the world sees you on a podium with a tourney trophy your opinion doesnt hold much weight. Affording a quality paintgun does not make a quality player

magman007
03-23-2004, 10:30 PM
well, im undecided really. I started thinking of the pros of the new design, IE ability to take complete no rises... and the extreme weightloss the gun should have now... not that the old ones weighed much at all any ways.

After looking at the larger picture, for a while, its sorta getting pretty...

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-23-2004, 10:30 PM
I actually like it a lot more then the stock one except for where you screw in the barrel and the asa, but everything else is better. I'd buy one, not for the price that they are gonna ask, but if it was say,the price of a regular dm4, i'd buy it.

wimag
03-23-2004, 10:43 PM
well, im undecided really. I started thinking of the pros of the new design, IE ability to take complete no rises... and the extreme weightloss the gun should have now... not that the old ones weighed much at all any ways.

After looking at the larger picture, for a while, its sorta getting pretty...

Between this and the DM4 I dont think either will ever grow on me, just somethign about it. Maybe cause I am too old school and like the classic boxy looks.

AGDlover
03-23-2004, 10:45 PM
it has good looks to a point some sexy some.....well......ugh

Rope a Dope
03-23-2004, 10:51 PM
I can't really see it, think you can post a bigger picture that breaks the thread tables even more you asshat?

I like it. Looks less like a ray gun. Too bad they didn't improve anything like both Dye regs that are on it...

tony3
03-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
I fart in your general direction.

Are you really 31? If so....I don't know what to say....

No sKiLLz
03-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Shocktech actually did some functional milling. Never worth the money for their stuff (Shocktech Timmy, and old Shocktech Gen-E Matrix), but at least they improved it. Next step, Toxic DM4 and NYX DM4 (rumored to be called the DMX, but we have yet to see if they will be that cheesy).

Steelrat
03-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Im hoping that ASA misalignment is something that will be fixed, it looks terrible. The barrel threading "mouth" looks pretty bad too, but the rest of the gun looks pretty good. It'd be cool to see something like the viking "featherlight" milling on it, something simpler and more geared towards pure weight reduction.

Carbon
03-23-2004, 11:25 PM
I like it, the lines are more balanced and cleaner than Dye's. Yeah plese resize them pics dude.

magman007
03-23-2004, 11:31 PM
thats just the pic off of the pbn thread. i havnt hosted it, and i really have no intentions of resizing it, because then i would have to find a host etc. if some one wants to resize it and host it, il delete the first one....

any ways, i cant wait to see more pics of it, and see how it looks better etc

zacbot
03-23-2004, 11:59 PM
i personally think the dye and the shocktech dm4's are discustingly ugly, but thats just me:-D

magman007
03-24-2004, 02:56 PM
to each his own, i dont see how people say thr regular dm4 is ugly, i really like the look of it...

Azemoth
03-24-2004, 03:25 PM
I prefer the shocktech one, doesn't look like a nerf gun.