PDA

View Full Version : High Pressure Tank on Low Pressure Gun

gdog441
03-23-2004, 09:03 PM
This kid I know told me that he had a freak factory impulse, with a max flow reg on it. He said he screwed in a high pressure output tank into the gun, and it blew the solenoid out. Can this really happen? I thought the max flow would take care of the pressure? Also, if my friend has a Dye Reflex autococker with a Dye reg on it, and I screw in a High pressure output tank, will it work fine?

68magOwner
03-23-2004, 09:11 PM
the kid with the imp must have screwed with his max flow, cus, people use co2 on imps without problems, teh maxxy regs it, should work fine on the cocker, and anything else wiht a decent reg

disclaimer- if the gun blows up i never said this

laxkid
03-23-2004, 09:14 PM
what 68magowner is true but tell him bot to screw with the reg unless he is at the chrono but dont open it up

wimag
03-23-2004, 09:17 PM
did he have the HPR turned down when he screwed in his tank?
If aired up too high it will cause problems.

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-23-2004, 11:58 PM
LP tanks are a gimmic. Usually HP tanks work just as good, if not better. The reason your freind probaly blew up his imp was an improperly set inline reg.

Kevmaster
03-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
LP tanks are a gimmic. Usually HP tanks work just as good, if not better. The reason your freind probaly blew up his imp was an improperly set inline reg.

couldn't have said it better myself. LP tanks are completely worthless. Its as if you're buying a tank that ONLY works on 10% of the market, as opposed to a tank that works on 100% of the market. Dumb. (but most marketing plans are dumb in practicality)

FallNAngel
03-24-2004, 01:30 AM
only marker that comes to mind that stock has to use an LP tank is an Angel Speed or Angel 4. The miniregs suck bad enough that they can't reg the 800+psi from a HP tank down to something the Angel can use. You either need to reorganize the springs in the minireg or send low pressure (via adjustable or LP tank) to the minireg.

Other than that, no real reason to get an LP tank.