PDA

View Full Version : Different shaped piece for on/off assembly

gdog441
03-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Yeah, my on/off top, the brass piece in the on/off assembly, is different from the online diagram and my friends mag. If you look at it like a sandwich, with 4 "pillars" in between them, I don't have one side of the sandwich. It has one flat side, and the other end is like you took the top off the other side, leaving four protruding pieces of metal. It works fine, I guess, but I just ordered a new one anyways, probably waisted my $$. Anyone know why mine is different?

Eric Cartman
03-23-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you're talking about the "Reactor" on off. Can't remember off hand who made it. It didn't seem to do anything for erformance, but it worked fine. I've got one in a used valve I bought. Can you put up a picture of it?

athomas
03-24-2004, 03:47 PM
The older on/off tops had a flat top and an X cut in the bottom. The cut X faces out. They work fine, but the newer ones may offer better flow and you can't put them in upside down like the older ones.

gdog441
03-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks for clarifying that with me athomas, you described it perfectly. Yeah one side is flat, the other has an x. I just ordered a new one, is it worth the $6?

athomas
03-24-2004, 09:21 PM
The jury is still out on whether the new top offers any real performance benefit over the old one. The newer one can't be put in upside down by mistake.

If I was just ordering one part, I probably wouldn't buy it. If I was already putting an order into AGD for other items, I would include it as part of the order.