PDA

View Full Version : somethins leeking...

merc
03-23-2004, 10:32 PM
well im kinda working on becoming an airsmith and i realy wanted my hands on a mag...well i can fix most paintball markers so when my buddy said he had a micro mag with problems i jumped at the chance to get my hands on it...o boy

well after cleaning it and kinda learning all the bits and parts i aired it up...the problem he has is with shooting...it wont...

when i aired it up i heard a hiss comming from the front of the gun it stoped when i pulled the trigger the air flow stoped...i striped it apart agen and the reg seat fell out...i dident know where it went so i ended up putting it back in the wrong place...the valve leeked alot but the marker shot nicely...i figuered out where it went and stopped the leek but now the leek out the front of the gun is back....its missing the bolt bumper thingy...but it has a tank oring in its place...

all i can think of is the bumper, a bad sear or a bad power tube oring...

this is my 1st time in a mag so i dono whats going on...any ideas?

RRfireblade
03-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Start with the Powertube o-ring.

Joni
03-24-2004, 05:57 AM
Does it have lvl10?

merc
03-24-2004, 10:19 AM
i dont think it has a lvl 10...i looked in the back of the bolt and it looks like its one size...

bokraham
03-24-2004, 05:01 PM
maybe his spring on the bolt is bad and it's not pushing the bolt back, thusly letting air out.

xen_100
03-24-2004, 05:12 PM
I would get the bumper replaced first. put all the part in before you try to figure out why it doesn't work.

more than likely the leak is caused by the wrong PT spacer or a bad PT o-ring.

if the leak stops when you hold the trigger, then the only thing that can be the problem is everything after the on/off (that would be the PT o-ring.) the only other posibility is that the reg in the valve is not regulating, but that would make the rear relief valve start to leak.

merc
03-25-2004, 09:23 AM
thanx guys...im gunna start replacing parts when i get a parts kit...