PDA

View Full Version : O-Ring Standard Sizes

Rogue Agent
03-24-2004, 07:34 AM
Is there a listing anywhere that lists the standardized O-ring sizes that are used in the automag/minimag? I have searched the forum and not found this information anywhere.

Unfortunately I don't have any spare O-rings of my own to measure and I would be wary about measuring used ones as I am sure they change size slightly through usage.

Any help would be great.

Rogue Agent
03-24-2004, 05:05 PM
"Is there a listing anywhere that lists the standardized O-ring sizes that are used in the automag/minimag?"

Are you kidding me? No one has ever researched this? I would think that people would quickly get sick of paying a dollar for a single o-ring that they can get elsewhere for pennies.

For those that don't know, O-rings are standardized in standards published by the Society of Automotive Engineers and various Military standards. Sizes are standardized, materials vary but are very easy to match by look and feel.

Don't be fooled, the majority, if not all of the o-rings in your automags are not custom. Don't pay custom prices.

splat15k
03-24-2004, 05:10 PM
ok then...

I'd also like to know where to pick up some of these o-rings

Tunaman
03-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Unless you know the Durometer of the orings you are replacing, only a fool would void his warranty and use cheap orings. A man way smarter than all of us has already figured out a long time ago that cheap orings just cause problems. Just get a 32 Degrees Parts kit and you will be all set...RIGHT! NOT!:mad: ;)

splat15k
03-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Tunaman Unless you know the Durometer of the orings you are replacing, only a fool would void his warranty and use cheap orings. A man way smarter than all of us has already figured out a long time ago that cheap orings just cause problems. Just get a 32 Degrees Parts kit and you will be all set...RIGHT! NOT!

This is exactly why we love AGD and Tunaman...they know their stuff.

Rogue Agent
03-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Unless you know the Durometer of the orings you are replacing, only a fool would void his warranty and use cheap orings. A man way smarter than all of us has already figured out a long time ago that cheap orings just cause problems. Just get a 32 Degrees Parts kit and you will be all set...RIGHT! NOT!:mad: ;)

For one, neither of my automags has a warranty anymore, 2nd: I am not talking about cheap quality o-rings I am talking about cheap price. $1 for a single o-ring is not only highway robbery, but anyone who pays it is a fool with o-rings being standardized. I could justify the cost if the parts were custom in some way, but the o-rings are not. 3rd: 90 durometer o-rings are mentioned in the manual and the fact that o-rings are based on standards, it wouldn't be too hard to find out the right specs for those not listed.

I am just trying to save myself some time if anyone has done the research before me. Only a fool would believe that the o-rings in an "approved parts kit" or available from the manufacturer are the only ones that work or are high enough quality to use.

Sorry if that sounds rude, its not intended to be, there just seems to be somewhat of a blacklist on this information and it pisses me off when people try to suppress and discourage people who seek it by saying "Just buy a parts kit."

questionful
08-14-2010, 03:13 PM
BUMP

seriously though. this man was on to something.

I'm going to try to make my own on/off, but I need to educate myself on O-ring sizes and stuff (and also buy some), any help would be appreciated!

Looper
08-14-2010, 05:22 PM
BUMP

seriously though. this man was on to something.

I'm going to try to make my own on/off, but I need to educate myself on O-ring sizes and stuff (and also buy some), any help would be appreciated!

Do a search over on MCB...