PDA

View Full Version : A sign that AGD is comming back

DyNasTy
03-24-2004, 08:32 AM
I showed my team that video of the deadlywind trigger job on the Mechanical Dallara mag and they loved it, they are all selling thier timmys and e-blades too buy mech mags for 04!

I was pretty shocked cause this comes from guys who used to make fun of me for shooting one, but they got the shocker when they saw that its possible to shoot one 16 bps wihtout electronics in it.

Thanks nicad and expect a large order on the new frame + bodies not only from AGD but from you as well. I sitll cant believe i got them to switch.

wyn1370
03-24-2004, 08:39 AM
why the hell are they selling their stuff already. this thing may not be out for over a year.

shartley
03-24-2004, 08:42 AM
It is also very easy to SAY that….. when they DO, let us know.

RRfireblade
03-24-2004, 09:01 AM
Sounds like that's a good sign for Deadlywind instead.;)

shartley
03-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
Sounds like that's a good sign for Deadlywind instead.;)
If they DO it, it would be a good sign for both AGD and Deadlywind. You do have to have a mag first. ;)

Torbo
03-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by DyNasTy
I sitll cant believe i got them to switch.

me neither. Id never shoot a mag over a nice timmy. Maybe if it were a classic or something.....but definatly id never shoot a mechanical gun, however fast, over a nicer electro.

magsRus
03-24-2004, 10:07 AM
I dont think a video would convince my entire team to sell their gear and get a mag.

RRfireblade
03-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by shartley

If they DO it, it would be a good sign for both AGD and Deadlywind. You do have to have a mag first. ;)

Actually you'll only need a few mag parts.There are only a few parts in a mag anyway but besides the Valve everything can be had aftermarket.I think AGD would prefer to a be more than just a aftermarket parts supplier for their own products in the long run. ;)

Don't get wrong though,I think it's a great idea(hAir trigger)and good for Mags as a whole.I will probably get one if they are made available,but I'm not going to sell off all my other markers either.:)

DyNasTy
03-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Marker can be made to be THE lightest paintball gun because of its single tube design.

Speed - now because of the new trigger its not that huge of deal

Reliability - mags are reliable and easy to fix, they'd all spend more time playign then fixing a POS electro and never have to worry about board problems.

Look - DW and AGD bodies have made it so u can customize the mag too what ur lookign for either way.

MAIN REASON: The reason is because then when you win a tournamnet with a mag shooting 16 bps and a team shooting all timmys at 16 bps with thier infamous WAS Boards, and u payed 3/4 the price and its a better marker, its pretty funny when its like a slap in the face when u were the smarter person.

Why shoot something that expensive when you can get something like a mag which is a far better marker in the long run, and even still u can dive and not have to worry about an eye system, or wires, or boards in the rain or water or mud. Never a problem.

Instead u can just tear up the field with a sexy looking dallara or karta mag and shove 16 bps out of a mech with no boucne finally down the other teams throat.

That is what makes the team want to do it, the gear switch early is just because u can always build a mech mag early even if the trigger isnt out yet, and just buy it later right??

No sKiLLz
03-24-2004, 10:51 PM
I was talking about this earlier with my friend. One less battery to go down and leave you out to dry. Removing the electrical component is huge. And remember, this is only a prototype they made a film of. Give this idea a year or so to develop and I bet that trigger pull will get shorter, and faster, and shorter, and faster, asn shorter.....

RRfireblade
03-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Those are mostly good reasons.

I'm just curious how you figure a Deadly Wind bodied,hAir trigger framed and X valved Mag is going to be cheaper than the average 16bps capable electro.;)

No sKiLLz
03-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Those are mostly good reasons.

I'm just curious how you figure a Deadly Wind bodied,hAir trigger framed and X valved Mag is going to be cheaper than the average 16bps capable electro.;)

Because electros have to pay royalties. ;)

RRfireblade
03-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz

Because electros have to pay royalties. ;)

Not every electro.;) ;)

(raise you one wink)

No sKiLLz
03-24-2004, 11:12 PM

Not every electro.;) ;)

(raise you one wink)

03 Shocker vs. Deadly Wind Mag? No contest.

I see your wink and raise you a...:eek:

RRfireblade
03-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz

03 Shocker vs. Deadly Wind Mag? No contest.

I see your wink and raise you a...:eek:

Oh I see,your going to bail on the cost issue and pull the 'performance' card huh? ;)

Mmmmmmmm.........(beads of sweat roll down my forehead)

"Fold"

:)

magman007
03-24-2004, 11:31 PM
id stick with the timmies and angels etc personally. and you know why? EFFICIENCY. if you love running an 88ci tank, then be my guest, but thats what your backs are gunna need to shoot 9 pods and a hopper....

plus, the new hair trigger, will be even less efficient....

so really... its up to you, but those markers are already light, and efficient, and fast, and honestly, how often do your electros go down? every one i have owned, i never had a problem with any of em going down... believe it or not, i had more problems with my rt pro and neeing different orings, and not having spare kits available at my local fields more than any thing else...

White_Noise
03-25-2004, 01:39 AM
with my old school rt with just the rt valve and intelliframe, i can shoot approx 15 pods on my 68/4500, my teamates angels shoot about the same...so efficiency is no problem.

the only gun that i know that can only get around 9 pods and hopper off a 88/4500 is the shocker, kevin bredthaurer emailed me and said he can shoot 10 pods off of a 88/4500 tank.(funny considering he used to drop about 20 with the angel)

painball
03-25-2004, 01:41 AM
I am not buying into the hype yet. ;)

jayloo
03-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by DyNasTy
A sign that AGD is comming back

AGD never left:D They have always been here and there is no reason to believe otherwise.

I know I took this in a different direction.;)

magman007
03-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by mag/cocker lover
with my old school rt with just the rt valve and intelliframe, i can shoot approx 15 pods on my 68/4500, my teamates angels shoot about the same...so efficiency is no problem.

the only gun that i know that can only get around 9 pods and hopper off a 88/4500 is the shocker, kevin bredthaurer emailed me and said he can shoot 10 pods off of a 88/4500 tank.(funny considering he used to drop about 20 with the angel)

AHAHAHAHA 68/4500 getting 15 pods? i think not man. I couldnt get that efficiency with any of my e-mags, or my rt pro. With or With out level 10...

you make me laugh man.... its ok, but there is no way that you can get that good of efficiency off of an rt mag like that, it just aint happenin. the best efficiency i have heard on a 68, was 1200 shots per tank on havoc onlines Superman X-mag

i could get about 12 pods and a hopper on my sfl e-mag with a 88 45 so really tell me, is efficiency lacking? i think so

steveo356
03-25-2004, 07:27 PM
well imagine a mechanicle mouse wow id buy that

but u never had totell AO'ers thaty mags are coming back we no there the best either way

RT pRo AuToMaG
03-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by mag/cocker lover

15 pods is 2100 rounds. The best tuned matrix with an evolve kit BARELY gets that. I KNOW that NO mag can do that!

Eatem Alive
03-25-2004, 11:37 PM
this whole "efficiency" argument is a dead issue anymore. Just about every field you go to now has a compressor where you can get all day air. i don't mind re-filling the tank on my x-valved mag every couple of games. how often do you shoot all of your paint in a game unless you play back? if you are unable to shoot your hopper and every pod on you during a tourney because of an air issue, well then you're ill equipped. there are big enough tanks to compensate for bad air efficiency. if i'm not mistaken, you can get about 1300 shots, give or take, with a 91/4500 from a mag. i'm just saying, most games now are fast and furious and don't last long enough to even get to your second pod. i could see where a gun with awesome efficiency would benefit a renegade baller though, out at some renegade field in the middle of nowhere where air is at a premium. just my .02

Banshee23
03-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by magman007

i could get about 12 pods and a hopper on my sfl e-mag with a 88 45 so really tell me, is efficiency lacking? i think so

OMG!!! You mean you only got 1,800 shots out of that tank?!?! You're right, that's just awful efficency :rolleyes:

03-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Eatem Alive
this whole "efficiency" argument is a dead issue anymore. Just about every field you go to now has a compressor where you can get all day air. i don't mind re-filling the tank on my x-valved mag every couple of games. how often do you shoot all of your paint in a game unless you play back? if you are unable to shoot your hopper and every pod on you during a tourney because of an air issue, well then you're ill equipped. there are big enough tanks to compensate for bad air efficiency. if i'm not mistaken, you can get about 1300 shots, give or take, with a 91/4500 from a mag. i'm just saying, most games now are fast and furious and don't last long enough to even get to your second pod. i could see where a gun with awesome efficiency would benefit a renegade baller though, out at some renegade field in the middle of nowhere where air is at a premium. just my .02

It is an issue if you're a back player carrying 2700 balls in a game.

raehl
03-26-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm tempted to get an all-mech mag just to see if I can get my gun pulled for having a cheater board. ;)

- Chris

raehl
03-26-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by 127.0.0.1

It is an issue if you're a back player carrying 2700 balls in a game.

Wouldn't AIM be your issue? ;)

- Chris

ubooze
03-26-2004, 12:57 AM
magman007 has a very good point. As nice as a mech Mag that shoots that fast, it still doesn't make much of a difference.

Electros are something people have gotten used to and I do not forsee them leaving until SP dominates EVERY single company, which just isn't happening.

While surfing other forums and talking to people, I notice that people still aren't really giving AGD a break. AGD has made a name for itself as being the rec gun that doesn't perform. No matter what you show them, be it the new bodies or the nice trigger, they will tell you its a Mag and I didn't like the one I shot. Or, its an E-Mag, and its not as nice as other guns. And almost all of them frown upon the Warp feed system.

I know there are people who don't do this and of course people are open to change. But considering their are other guns such as the Cocker and its E-blade that have a greater market and advertising force, the Mag won't explode onto the seen except for us people on AO. At least the devotees to the comapny.

Its a nice gun and all, but I think it isn't going to catch. As AGD groupies stick to AGD, so will WGP people stick to those guns and AKA people stick to ours. ;) :p

GoatBoy
03-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by magman007
id stick with the timmies and angels etc personally. and you know why? EFFICIENCY. if you love running an 88ci tank, then be my guest, but thats what your backs are gunna need to shoot 9 pods and a hopper....

plus, the new hair trigger, will be even less efficient....

so really... its up to you, but those markers are already light, and efficient, and fast, and honestly, how often do your electros go down? every one i have owned, i never had a problem with any of em going down... believe it or not, i had more problems with my rt pro and neeing different orings, and not having spare kits available at my local fields more than any thing else...

Hahah. Ok, so let me get this straight, you can carry 9 pods onto a field and not consider that a liability, but once you put an 88ci tank on the gun -- OMG LOLZ UR GONNA BE SO TEH WAYED DOWN!!!!111

The whole 10-pod "tournament" argument is starting to age. Take a look at any of the really good teams and how they play. Specifically, count how many pods they walk out onto the field with. Last set of videos that I watched, I counted 3 pods max, even for someone who stayed back and laned.

Let's say you actually manage to reload 10 times in a game. How long does each reload take? Pull back into your bunker, take the pod out, pop open two lids, dump the paint in, scoop off excess paint, close lid, toss pod, jump back into the action. Let's say it takes you 5 seconds a pop. That's 50 seconds of reload. How long does a typical airball game with good players generally last?

Let's see here, Halo + 3 pods = about 570 shots. Sounds to me like a pro player would be able to get the job done with a 45/45.

I'll give credit where credit is due. I think we can thank the paint sprayers for pushing forward air capacity technology. But the sprayers are no longer at the top of the food chain.

ubooze: good points. The video was posted on another forum that I frequent. If it had been any other gun, they would have said, "OMG that gun ripz!!!" But since this was obviously a mag, the response was more like, "Mag. Pfft."

Chris42050
03-26-2004, 02:29 PM
If there is any truth to this dynasty thing I think that might be the point they are trying to make by using mags. They know they are capable guns, yet no one givest the mag the credit it deserves. They have allready won so many times that this would be a way of making it an accomplishment for them.

RetroEclipseMan
03-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Chris42050
If there is any truth to this dynasty thing I think that might be the point they are trying to make by using mags. They know they are capable guns, yet no one givest the mag the credit it deserves. They have allready won so many times that this would be a way of making it an accomplishment for them.
Not sure if I'm reading this wrong or not but DyNaTy doesn't actually play for the actaul Dynasty team. I'm sure they wouldn't just drop the phat paycheck they're getting from SP to shoot mechanical mags, not matter how good they are...unless something has drastically changed in the week or so that i've been away.

Chris42050
03-26-2004, 05:10 PM
woops. I think I am working too hard. I made an assumption.:o

Xyxyll
03-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Eatem Alive

Well, efficiency is still a very important issue, for me at least. Unfortunately it was the reason I had to part with my RT Pro. I was using a 68/4500 tank on it and getting 2000-3000psi fills from the field. Now here's the problem. I had previously recorded about 600-800 shots on a 68/4000 fill. With 2000-3000, I couldn't even finish a game! I was running out of air in the middle of every game. Not fun...

I do plan to get another RT Pro to use in scenario games (never had an efficiency problem then because you don't go through that much paint in scenario games). But for recball? I'm going to have to stick with my Dark IR3 for that.

kauai_paintball
03-26-2004, 09:40 PM
quick question dynasty:
what team are you on?