PDA

View Full Version : New Movie about paintball

ogre55
03-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Well there is a new movie out about Paintball. It's called Blackballed. This looks like an honest to god good film. It's currently screening at the South by Southwaest Film Festival in Texas.

The following is a link to a review on Ain't It Cool News: http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=17227

The reviewer seemed to like this film and if you are a regular on AINC you will know that those guys can be some of the harshest critics.

I am surprised that this has not popped up on the radar prior to this, but none of my searches have come up with any posts on this prior to now.

Ogre

Load SM5
03-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Is they're site down?..it is'nt coming up for me.

ogre55
03-24-2004, 12:21 PM
AINC is notorious for that. They were doing ok all morning, but now they are down. Just keep trying.

Ogre

IWANTMOREMAGS
03-24-2004, 12:24 PM
Haha. Works for me. Doesn't sound alot different from all the other paintball movies.:(

CaptainChops
03-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Those other paintball movies? WHAT other paintball movies?

GoatBoy
03-24-2004, 01:09 PM
This one's a mockumentary.

ogre55
03-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by IWANTMOREMAGS
Haha. Works for me. Doesn't sound alot different from all the other paintball movies.:(

I think there was one other paintball movie, which was a low budget schlock-fest.

While this is a low budget effort, they seem to be using real actors and from what I gathered from the only other review I was able to find, on filmthreat.com, it is being done as a mockumentary.

Whatever it's merits or flaws, this flick which prominently features out sport, was picked up by the non-pb media before it was picked up by us, the pb public. Just another sign that we are moving into the mainstream.

BTW: The Filmthreat review, while a lot less complimentary, has some more details about the plot.

Ogre

Creative Mayhem
03-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by IWANTMOREMAGS

There have been a few movies based on some paintball aspects, but Ogre is right... most aren't too good.

I like Gotcha and paintball Acadamy myself, but thenagain, I have been known to like dumb movies from time to time. :D