PDA

View Full Version : CSG AO Jerseys and AO State Images

ghideon
03-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Gonna get CSG to put an AO State image on the jersey I'm ordering from them. Anyone know the specifics of the images that JAM put out? CSG needs em 300 dpi, layers preferred, and generated by Photoshop or Illustrator.

Any hints?

Creative Mayhem
03-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ghideon
Gonna get CSG to put an AO State image on the jersey I'm ordering from them. Anyone know the specifics of the images that JAM put out? CSG needs em 300 dpi, layers preferred, and generated by Photoshop or Illustrator.

Any hints?

The better the graphic, the better/easier it is for CSG, but they can work with anything. Just tell/show them what you have, and they will hook you up. Hope it helps.

shartley
03-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Yes, get the best quality you can get. I have seen them put 72DPI signature images on their jerseys, so with something as simple as the AO State graphics it should not be a problem.

As for the layers thing….. I would not worry about it.

And JPG, GIF, EPS, PSD, etc. is what they mean, nothing like a Corel specific file.

SCpoloRicker
03-24-2004, 07:33 PM
I work for a marketing firm, so here's my 2 cents.

The AO state image is relatively simple, so a simple jpeg should be enough.

When we print complicated stuff, we usually have to provide either an Illustrator or Photoshop file. This only is an issue if you have multiple layers involved. Layers are basically like if you drew a cartoon. The houses and background may be one sheet, a moving car is on one sheet, the character is on one sheet. When you lay them over, the image is complete.

Long story short; jpeg or PDF is fine for the AO state, and simple graphics. Go with a real graphics suite (any will do) for complex stuff like a sig image that is complicated, or multiple backgrounds.

HTH

Ricker