PDA

View Full Version : CPSC Issues Paintball Warning

rpm07
03-24-2004, 05:33 PM
I found this on WARPIG

CPSC Issues Paintball Warning

On March 24, 2004 the Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a safety warning (release #04-104) regarding paintball. The CPSC is a consumer safety watchdog organization that is a part of the US government.
For the rest on the story visit WARPIG link below

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/articles/news/042404cpsctank/index.shtml

yeahthatsme
03-24-2004, 05:40 PM
good information

soccer4minimags
03-24-2004, 05:44 PM
"as the tank and paintgun were purchased used through an Internet auction"

Hmmm. Now I wonder if they are hunting down the seller and if they will be investigated.

Chris42050
03-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Its good that the CPSC isnt turning this into one of those ignorant "paintball is to dangerous to play" statements. I like how they worded it.

cphilip
03-24-2004, 06:17 PM
If someone wouldn't mind... get me a hot link in here to that please.

Target Practice
03-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah, this happend to me once...only it was on my PMI Pure Energy 68/30. Fortunately, I was able just to point it away from everybody, and let it bleed down to zero psi. I sent it in and got it fixed, works fine now (but I'm still getting a new one).

On a completely unrelated note, would anyone want to buy a rebuilt P.E. 68/30 N2 tank? :D

shartley
03-24-2004, 06:46 PM
I think this is a good thing, and proportional to the issue.

SCpoloRicker
03-24-2004, 07:03 PM
The nature of both content providers (like Warpig) and freelance writers (which most on the Net are) generate income through page views and the like.

We should take the effort to view the source page, versus plugging full articles in from other sources.

Not to be a RIAA-SP-legal eagle or anything, but a lot of these sites and writers are making small enough money as it is...

Off the soapbox, and Cheers

Ricker:cool:

punkncat
03-24-2004, 07:21 PM
".....accidents as two deaths in a sport with over 8 million participants is a better safety record than most outdoor sports can claim"

Enough said.

rpm07
03-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by punkncat
".....accidents as two deaths in a sport with over 8 million participants is a better safety record than most outdoor sports can claim"

Enough said.

But the 2 should never have happened. People should not work on their own tanks. It mite seem easy to do but if it is not done correct this is what happens.

TheDuelist
03-24-2004, 08:47 PM
While I agree that these incidents are regrettable, we as a society allow possibly millions of people work on their own vehicles for which they are not "trained" or "certified." Getting people to stop tinkering with their paintball gear is going to be next to impossible. I hope i never hear about another incident like thses but something tells me, that as our sport continues to explode in growth, there will be more. Lets do what we can as a community to prevent that.

Keep your eyes open for problems should you notice them and remember it never hurts to mention to someone that they might be doing something wrong. Silence is acceptance and the life you save could be your own.

68ClassicMag
03-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by punkncat

Enough said.

i'd like to see the number of shooting sports(shotgun comps or rifle comp) deaths in the last 10 years and yet thos a holes in washington still want to take our guns!

i say no way cuz if the second ammendment goes paintball is gone to! fight the system kill the man BUNKER DEMOCRACY! lol:D

68ClassicMag
03-24-2004, 11:41 PM
sry that was random i am running on 3 hours of sleep have a nice night yall

edweird
03-24-2004, 11:54 PM
Ok question here... Um locally ive seen this 2x in the last 2 years or so. one of which was about 3 weeks ago.

I know I have seen that some airsmiths have offed to do free saftey inspections of co2 tanks after this and well I see this as a boon for the sport as a whole.

Oh and if someone could make up some quick refrence sheet on what the specific torque values for each manufactuers tank that would help as well. and if there is to be thread locker used what type and prefered method. (for them that think ya just gob a bunch on at the bottom of the threads)