PDA

View Full Version : Texas Carpool

vf-xx
03-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Anybody from Texas interested in carpooling? For that matter we could pick up folks along the way.

Get enough people together and rent a huge 15 passenger van for a large crew. Driving non-stop from Fort Worth we should be able to make the trip in about 17ish hours.

logamus
03-24-2004, 09:36 PM
one thing to keep in mind with those vans, you never get unlimited miles and you often cant take them past the border states. oh and btw vf, i was able to change my vacation so i now have the time. i just need to work out the other parts (money and babysitting) but i have moved myself from a "no can do", to a "its a possibilty". i will keep you posted.

Mike Smith
04-10-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm Amtraking from Austin to Joliet, leaving Austin Friday and leaving Joliet Monday.

vf-xx
04-10-2004, 10:44 AM
How long's the trip on Aamtrack?

I just realized that I have no idea what state I'll be in when this rolls around. Really depends on where / when I get my real job. I'm graduating in August.

Mike Smith
04-16-2004, 01:51 AM
From Austin to Joliet is 27 hours. From Ft Worth, it's 22 hours.

I always book a sleeper (can't sleep sitting up) and the price right now is $441, round trip with a sleeper and all meals (roughly a little more than a round trip plane ticket).

In 12 Days, I leave Austin for Milwaukee and Paintball Sam's Big Game!!! WHOOT!!