PDA

View Full Version : Rifled Barrels

Temo Vryce
09-27-2001, 04:37 PM
You it's amazing how everytime I hear or read about someone talking about the rifled vs ported vs smooth bore barrels that they always bring up the egg test to describe the effects of ball spin. Now I'm not going to argue that if you spin an egg that it's going to quickly slow down it's spin once you stop spinning it. But something that I did want to point out, that is left out of every article and disscussion is this. If you take the egg again, becarefull you don't want to make a mess, and spin it, I mean really spin it. It slows down when you stop. I'm sure we can all agree on that and yes I realise I'm repeating myself so don't interupt me. Now once again spin that egg, now quick stop and release the egg.

What happened? What's that? That's right, the egg started to spin on it's own. You the fluid inside the egg, like a paintball doesn't want to spin, but once it is spinning it doesn't want to stop either. Does Ball make a difference? I think it does and that's all that matters to me. If you don't think it does then don't use a rifled barrel.

The real trick is to figure out how much spin is the right ammount of spin. *Up for the challenge Tom?*

Play Safe
Play Fair
Play With Honor

Cha0tic
09-27-2001, 05:13 PM
http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/tomstech/03_spinning.shtml enough said....