PDA

View Full Version : A few Questions

abunkerer
03-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Where is Shatnerball?

When is it happening, how long does it last?

Where and When do you have to register?

How do you pick a team?

do you get a Jersey?

How much is it to register?

How much is air and paint going to be?
Thanks!

deathstalker
03-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Where is Shatnerball?
Challenge Park (http://www.challengepark.com)

When is it happening, how long does it last?
Labor Day weekend; the game itself has been on Sunday, with tournaments and open play the Friday and Saturday before.

Where and When do you have to register?
I've always registered through www.spplat.com. Registration is currently not available.

How do you pick a team?
You select it as part of the registration process. The Borg were severely outnumbered the first game. I'd say we took plenty of names and kicked lots of rear, not necessarily in that order, considering the circumstances. :D

do you get a Jersey?
We've had them the other two, so I don't see why this year would be any different. I'd be willing to pay a little more for one. :)

How much is it to register?
The first year was $135.
$100 Registration
+ $50 SPPLAT membership
- %10 Purchasing them together
$135

The second year was $100.

How much is air and paint going to be?
The first one had cases at $60, $80, and $100. The The $60-80 paint looked like it was BE brand (which I never use if there is something I like more). The $60 paint also sold out pretty quickly. The $100 was JT paint, which is what I used and it shot very well. I found it to be a little big for my BigShot, but it still shot straight.

All-day air has always been included, so I don't see why that would change.

Shatnerball is a blast! It's also for a good cause. Start saving now if you have to. :)

abunkerer
03-25-2004, 12:23 AM
THANKS deathstalker! sounds awesome, I'm going!
when will registration be available?

AutomagRT1483
03-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Whenever Tom gets the website up. Supposed to be this week or the following week.

abunkerer
03-25-2004, 01:41 AM
ok, one more... Why is it 100$ to register? what does that include? or is it like tournament?

deathstalker
03-25-2004, 10:57 AM
My guess is registration is $100 because the event is for a charitable cause. However, if you break down the numbers, $100 is a pretty good deal for what you get.

Here's how I do the math:
3 days' field fees
3 days' unlimited air
1 Custom Jersey

3 days at Badlandz would cost me $75 for field fees and all day air, so I really think Shatnerball is a bargain when you factor in the custom jersey. People like us are lucky because we're locals and shouldn't need to pay for travel and accommodations.

abunkerer
03-25-2004, 02:09 PM
THat is a pretty good deal, I want the jersey!

AutomagRT1483: what site is Tom supposed to be putting up? can you post the link?

thanks again!

bleachit
03-25-2004, 03:49 PM
I know this is a stupid question... there was a lot of talk about compressed air filling problems, but I didnt hear anything about co2. so... will there be co2 fills available? just want to be sure if I end up going.

deathstalker
03-25-2004, 05:27 PM
Yes, CO2 should be available. I don't remember any air problems last year at EMR, but there were at the first one at CPX. It didn't affect me because even though I had a 45/45 tank, I was also using a very efficient 'cocker and would get out before I ever came close to running dry.

I don't think either facility had issues with CO2 users.