PDA

View Full Version : Valve leak on Classic, PLEASE HELP

lifeguard_12_86
03-24-2004, 11:58 PM
I just bought this gun from a friend of mine that got it off of ebay and it was working fine before. When I hook up my CO2 it just starts to leak out the front of the valve and out the barrel, but when i pull the trigger back it stops and when let go, it will fire, but only for a short distance the ball will go, and then it starts to hiss at you again when you let go of the trigger. I beleive that it is all completely stock. But i do have an All American barrel and a drop forward on it. I do have an ACI 6 stage xchamber on my 98Custom, and am going to put it on my mag as soon as i get this problem fixed. I know that using CO2 is bad for the gun, but i dont have much money right now to upgrade to HP or nitro. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

CaliMagFan
03-25-2004, 04:14 AM
break the valve down all the way... lube everything up and then try again.... CO2 is OK on the classic valve, but never as god as hpa, of course. you can find diagrams here at AO and at www.airgun.com. if you find a messed up o-ring, get the automag parts kit and replace it... once you know everything is lubed and in good condition, then re-diagnose your problem...

-kyro

Joni
03-25-2004, 06:02 AM
It sounds like a bad powertube oring. Check that first.

tasker89
03-25-2004, 11:01 AM
lifeguard_12_86...don't make this more complicated then it needs to be. Before you jump on swapping parts lets think this through. You may just be dumping liquid CO2 into the valve. When that happens the orings will essentially "freeze" and fail to seal properly.
How is the gun configured? When you install the CO2 cylinder are you pointing the gun downhill? What size tank are you using?

lifeguard_12_86
03-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys, I took apart the power tube last night and looked at the abobe manual for it and found out that there wasn't even an o-ring in the power tube. I looked at the bolt and some idiot (not me) put an o-ring on the bolt. So I took it off and put it in the power tube and it worked great. I can't beleive that somebody would be stupid enough to do that. I also checked all of the o-rings and they are fine, but I oiled them all. It shoots wonderfully, but it does have alittle bit of a ping to it when it shoots, but I just put some electrical tape around it and it stopped it from wigling a little and stoped most of the pinging.

Thanks guys.