PDA

View Full Version : TAC-EMAG: Time for anno...

pointm@n
03-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Finally got the rest of my goodies for my TAC-EMAG. Now it just needs to get annoed.

http://home.comcast.net/~acuestaj/images/tacemag.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~acuestaj/images/tacemag2.jpg

40MM Red Dot Site
Tactical Laser
Tactical Flashlight
Milled battery pack
Rogue milled rail
Rogue Neck

Big'n slo
03-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Thats just plain sexy!

Whats the plan for the anno?

Hopefully its an dust olive drab :D

pointm@n
03-25-2004, 11:06 AM
I was actually thinking an olive green to black fade and definitely in a dust finish.

MantisMag
03-25-2004, 11:50 AM
wow that is one MEAN looking emag. very nice.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-25-2004, 12:29 PM
put the laser site on the barrel. I got mine on my pipe and it works fine

pointm@n
03-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Nah, I don't really like it on my barrel. Everytime I take off the barrel kit, I have to change the positioning of the laser.

I've positioned things for ease of use. I can flick on the laser with both hands on the marker and the TAC Light is on a pressure switch.

Thanks for comments everyone.

phantomhitman
03-25-2004, 01:51 PM
great looking mag. go play a speedball game with to freak everyone out :D i cant wait to see the finished anno pics

Chronobreak
03-25-2004, 02:47 PM
i agree why only use it for scenarios ide have it out every weekend nice!!

Jaasper
03-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Only problem I see with it, is loader clearence with the laser, why don't you put in on the other rail, don't have to worry about re-postion problem with the barrel mount.

WARPED1
03-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Nice T1! I recently got back into scenario, but I can't bringmyself to buy a "scenario" style gun.(yet!)

pointm@n
03-25-2004, 05:10 PM
I do play speedball and do the occasional tournament so I'm excited to take it on the airball and hyperball fields.

Anyone else have suggestions for what kind of annodizing? My brother suggested a desert camo theme that i'm also contemplating...

WARPED1
03-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Tiger Stripe anno!

robertjuric
03-25-2004, 05:24 PM
desert would be awesome, that or the tigerstripe

RusskiX
03-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Here's my new "scenario" marker...

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/RusskiX-BGFF.jpg

I not usually a big fan on acid wash colors, but it seemed appropriate for woodsgames. And the anno is much cleaner and nicer in person.

punkncat
03-25-2004, 05:51 PM
I would absolutely love to see you tromping through the woods with that flashlight on.
Thats like a beacon that says "here I am please shoot me"
Don't get me wrong.It looks great but it completly useless other than wow factor.Like what good is a scope on a paintball marker?
At first I was really impressed with the new tac one , but after giving it some though , I just can't see the usefulness in lugging around several more pounds of equipment that does nothing.

Aside from the negative aspects that thing looks awesome.A dust Olive anno will be super sweet.

Nick O time
03-25-2004, 06:03 PM
ok dude i have hated all scenario markers i have ever scene. but holy fricken mc shiz man. that thing just looks so pimp. if i ever got into scenario ball i would derinately do what u did right there. looks pimp.

Xyxyll
03-25-2004, 06:05 PM
Does this mean you're actually gunna come play scenario with us now pointman?

pointm@n
03-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by punkncat
I would absolutely love to see you tromping through the woods with that flashlight on.
Thats like a beacon that says "here I am please shoot me"
Don't get me wrong.It looks great but it completly useless other than wow factor.Like what good is a scope on a paintball marker?
At first I was really impressed with the new tac one , but after giving it some though , I just can't see the usefulness in lugging around several more pounds of equipment that does nothing.

Aside from the negative aspects that thing looks awesome.A dust Olive anno will be super sweet.

Yeah I hear you on those accounts. I think the flashlight is usefull because in night games it can be used to illuminate the enemy so other people can fire at them as well. I have mine set up with a pressure switch so it's not running contstantly, only when I turn it on.

The scope is a 1X so there is no maginification, it just paints a red dot on my target. It's actually pretty accurate, you just have to copensate for it's position. To tell you the truth, I don't even play with it since I'm deadly accurate anyways :D

The laser pointer, I just got the for shirts and giggles but it still can be used to point out a target to someone. Again, it only goes on when I deem it's necessary.

What do you mean several more pounds? The light, scope and laser pointer probably weights less than pound. Thank goodness my rail is ULEd out and had the wings shaved.

X - I wouldn't mind playing another scenario, just not at PEVS. The scenario I played there wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. I think it could have benefited to better planning and execution.

tony3
03-25-2004, 06:53 PM
How about a bright polish red to chrome fade:D

pointm@n
03-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by tony3
How about a bright polish red to chrome fade:D

Tony3,

I'm done with flashy markers :D

http://home.comcast.net/~acuestaj/images/duo.jpg

Incidentally, this is how my emag used to look... I don't have my chrome and yellow mag any more either :(

tony3
03-25-2004, 07:05 PM
You own the yellow mag? That thing always looked interesting....yellow guns rock though:D

*shamless plug for my guns pic*

http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/5c/ca/d9_1.JPG

pointm@n
03-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Yes yellow guns do rock! yeah I used to own it, but I sold it to finish up some other projects. nice timmee!

Scircal
03-25-2004, 07:48 PM
/me picks jaw up off floor

NICE tac one. Wish I had something that nice looking at the last scenario I went to. Hell, I wish someone on my team had had something that nice (tho the laser pointer would have been a no-no). Good work!

Gotta say blech on your ol' yeller mag though. I have never been a fan of yellow, either on cars or markers (even with a fade).

Tho tigerstripe or desert camo might be nice, an Alpenflage anno (or something similar) gets my vote! :D

pointm@n
03-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Yeah I've always liked markers that not everyone else likes. You could say I usually don't follow the pack...

That alpenflage is pretty hideos. It reminds me too much of the magma xmag:

http://www.teamviolator.com/Dayspring/AO/magma.jpg

tjmpaintball06
03-25-2004, 08:31 PM
sweet emag and stuff but that battery pack is horrendous! That milling totally takes away from the gun, if you are trying to make it look like a clip then you might think about getting another. SWEET GUN THOUGH!

mangomag
03-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Ahhh..the magma, what a sight!! I've seen that thing in person, and pics dont do it justice! that thing is dead sexy in person, its unbelieveable!