PDA

View Full Version : Angel LCD board fault

magzown3
03-25-2004, 01:40 PM
My Angel LCD board faults due to overheating (code-3). I already posted this in the angel forums here but I didnt hear what I was hoping for so I will try you guys.

The board works, I can go through all the modes and stuff, but I cant put it live for long before it faults. UNLESS, I put it in the fridge, then I can rip with it for about 20 minutes or so. So the board works, I just need help to fix it.

So my question is, does anyone have a remedy to his problem besides investing in a new board? Are there any electronics pros out there that I can send this to that will fix it for a small price?

Thanks
Jeremy

xen_100
03-25-2004, 01:57 PM
try disconncting the noid wires from the board and see if it will go "live" and not shut down for a longer period of time. I suspect the noid is shorting out and it causing the board to get hot. (it is nice that they have this shutdown feature instead of frying your board)

xXHavokXx
03-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Unless youre planning on installing a refrigerant system to your angel, you're gonna need a new board.

angelbeast24
03-25-2004, 03:09 PM
just face it ur goin to need a new board...us angel owners hate when it happens but we deal with it

magzown3
03-31-2004, 03:58 PM
Okay, after some experimenting, this is what i found:

The board does fault when connected to battery power
The board does not fault when connected to a remote power supply.

Now that you know this, what are some options I have in fixing this?

MarkM
03-31-2004, 05:11 PM
An over heated board does not fix itself just because you ask something on a predominately Automag section of the forum. You need to replace your board it will not show the fault code when you have stopped using it and then turned it back on, it will only show the fault code when you have finished charging...if it does show up when you turn the board on then it is even more fried if there could be such a thing.

magzown3
03-31-2004, 05:15 PM
Yes, but I am not "charging" when the fault disappears, merely using a different source of power, and this works.

MarkM
03-31-2004, 05:21 PM
Ok answer the following questions,

Is the Fault Code for over heating?
Are you attaching the correct voltage supply to the board?

If you answer yes to both of those two questions you need a new board...I know I am cheating as I already know the answers from the other post you made in the correct section ;) Face it you need a new board and as I suggested within the post due the relative small jump cost wise get the Predator mod....if you had read the end of the thread on the Angel section you would have seen that these are shipping this week...any delays to deciding to or not not will result in a longer wait in the line.

magzown3
03-31-2004, 05:22 PM
And what is it with you guys? Do you WANT me to just waste my money on a new board if there is no need? I am telling you that the fault is not alwasy there, its random times. As a matter of fact, i was just shooting the damn thing like nothing was wrong. Now I need to figure out why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

So Mark...its obviously not "FRIED", so if you could help here it would be great...

Snertz
03-31-2004, 05:25 PM
Have you checked the plug and wires coming from the battery for any shorts or exposed wires? THat might be the reason why heat gets built up, and hence the fault code.

magzown3
03-31-2004, 05:27 PM
I actually just had the battery out but I didnt know what I was looking for. From what I saw the connection looked fine, the wires were still glued securely to the battery.

MarkM
03-31-2004, 05:28 PM
Look I am not connected to the sales side of TAG...go www.sportzla.com and buy their version...your board is done with, going to die, give up during a game, not going to work. The fault display is then for a reason, ok a bad reason in your case as it means the replacement of the unit, would you prefer that the screen went black instead of telling you which fault as it could have been a battery fault (but wasn't)
I apologise if it seems like I am being short with you but you asked the question, you got the answer and a couple of possible solutions all of which are going to cost you money, your decision is simply as to which cost it is going to be. Don't get annoyed because I and all of the others who replied didn't have an answer you wanted to hear.

Snertz
03-31-2004, 05:37 PM
Try getting your hands on another battery/plug/switch and using that. If the fault still shows, like what mark said, you'll eventually need a new board.

magzown3
03-31-2004, 05:47 PM
Ya, I'll have to try and switch up some parts and see what happens.

Thanks.

GT
03-31-2004, 05:48 PM
boards toast man. I have owned a few angels and its just a matter of time before you'rs gives up.

Chris42050
03-31-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by magzown3
And what is it with you guys? Do you WANT me to just waste my money on a new board if there is no need? I am telling you that the fault is not alwasy there, its random times. As a matter of fact, i was just shooting the damn thing like nothing was wrong. Now I need to figure out why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

So Mark...its obviously not "FRIED", so if you could help here it would be great...
GET A NEW BOARD. Im not tryin to jump on the bandwagon here but you need to listen to the people you are asking advice from. Im so sick of people asking someone a question and then thinkin they know whats up when they dont get the answer they like. If YOU know whats goin on with your board then what the hell are you doin startin 2 threads.

magzown3
03-31-2004, 07:07 PM
whoa.