PDA

View Full Version : SM barrel kits??

PRPB
03-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Ok I was recommend to get one of these kits and every since then I have heard nothing, but good about them. So I'm pretty set on it now, but I still need to know a few more things first.

First what’s the different between the SM-1, 2,3 kits? I know the SM-3 only comes with one insert, but can you still change the insert?

Second how are the SM G-3 or Patriot kits? For 110 they have come with five inserts, but I'm not to sure how they it would perform since they only have what seems to be a one inch control bore. Has anyone try or have one of these? How do they compare to the SM-1, 2,3?

LittlePaintballBoy
03-25-2004, 04:13 PM
I don't know anything about them, except for the fact that our very own lord1234 is a Sanchez Machine dealer:)

Steelrat
03-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Lord1234 is a dealer for them. I saw his SM-1 in person, and it looked very nice. The SM-2 just has more porting, and is probably a bit quieter. Barrels look very nice. AO's Tunaman also said it was a nice barrel kit in some thread. Very sturdy kits, with excellent build quality. Shoot, I may be getting one.

MarkM
03-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by PRPB
First what’s the different between the SM-1, 2,3 kits? I know the SM-3 only comes with one insert, but can you still change the insert?

Second how are the SM G-3 or Patriot kits? For 110 they have come with five inserts, but I'm not to sure how they it would perform since they only have what seems to be a one inch control bore. Has anyone try or have one of these? How do they compare to the SM-1, 2,3?

The SMI is a 3 piece barrel (including the insert)
The SMII is a 3 piece barrel (including the insert) However the insert is different to all of the others in the series
The SMIII is a two piece barrel (including the insert) and yes you can replace the insert with another

The others have to my mind and a great many others (Tom Kaye ;)) too small a control bore.

I own an SMIII and an additional large bore kit, it is so good that as I have said on more than one occasion :rolleyes: my DYE barrels are being sold. A fireind of mine bought an SMI at the same time as I did and he is selling his Pipe Kit...should tell you something ;)

The one thing to remember is that when you use the barrel you have to torque the insert into the barrel before you attach it to the marker of choice as if you don't the insert will stay attached when you try to remove the barrel...common sense really but then some people do need to be told sometimes ;)

lord1234
03-25-2004, 04:41 PM
i talked to you on AolIM PRPB, feel free to contact me again and i will gladly give you any details you may be interested in!!!

AO's own Sanchez Machine Dealer
--Lord1234

TheTramp
03-25-2004, 04:41 PM
I've got the SM-1 kit and I love it. Other than an issue with the pieces coming unscrewed when you put it on or take it off the gun I can't say enough good about it. I mentioned the issue (and someone else implied that it would only happen to a fool ;) ) in this thread : http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130801

I would get the SM-1 over their other kits. The reason for this is that the control backs of the SM-1 are much longer than the others. The SM-1's backs are like most other kits on the market (pipe, CP, etc) where as the others are ~2" or something.

It's got pretty aggressive porting on the tip (after the control bore) so it's pretty quiet but perhaps not as efficent as some others. One nice thing I noticed is that it does a very good job self cleaning. I was using some REALLY crappy paint and got a few barrel breaks. After finishing the game there was paint in the ports and on the outside of the barrel but almost no paint came out when I pushed a paper towel through it in the staging area.

PRPB
03-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by lord1234
i talked to you on AolIM PRPB, feel free to contact me again and i will gladly give you any details you may be interested in!!!

AO's own Sanchez Machine Dealer
--Lord1234

Yeah I left you a message with the same question. I'll catch you on aim later.

Thanks for the help!

steveo356
03-25-2004, 10:47 PM
them are the ones withe 1" control bore correct me if im wrong so ur gonan lose some gas efficiantcy but u shoudl be more accuarate

yeahthatsme
03-25-2004, 11:56 PM
that makes no sense....

and no, these have rather long control bores...

TransMan
03-26-2004, 01:01 AM
Is there a website or summin where I can check these out?

PRPB
03-26-2004, 02:44 AM
http://store.poormanspaintball.com/index.cfm?action=cat.catalog&categoryID=11