PDA

View Full Version : A speech on my future

71 LS6
03-25-2004, 06:02 PM
For English today, I was required to give a 3 minute speech about my future, my plans after high school, and how I would get there. So, I talked about my future drug empire.

First, some background info: I was hauled into the counseling office the other day and questioned about drug addiction and clinic depression (I don't have problems with either of these). My speech was basically my way of getting back at the office.

Overview of the speech:
"... We all know that the medical field requires a lot of schooling, college... med school... we're talking a long time after high school here. I have a way around all this. I plan to become a street pharmacist. According to the counseling office, I am a clinically depressed drug addict. I'm tired, I don't do any work, my pupils are dilated, and obviously, I'm on drugs. My plan is to flunk out of U of R next year with a 0.0 gpa, and move to California in a stolen car. There, I will change my name to Tito Rodriguez and build an empire in San Diego dealing crack and Heroin. How will high school help me? Health class has offered a wealth of information on drugs, what to mix, what not to mix, relative market prices, and where I can grow them. With math, I can determine the maximum profit over a minimum amount of time. History will help me avoid legal complications, and Spanish will allow me to communicate with the Colombians. Our speakers from career day all shared the same basic message: Do something you enjoy. Now, we know I don't get enjoyment out of anything, because I'm clinically depressed. That's why I rely on drugs, and why I always will. Unfortunately, as I thought about my future, I realized that in October of 2019, I will get shot in the head by Navy SEAL Jon Hogue. He will be fighting for the US War on Drugs, and I will go down in a deal gone really, really bad. Therefore, I decided I'll probably just go to UR for math."

(Hogue is a friend of mine, who is in the Navy and trying out for SEALS)

My English teacher loved it, as did the rest of the class. One kid fell out of his chair, and a few were crying from laughter. According to the teacher, it was the best 3 minute speech she's ever heard.
The speech had to be around 3 minutes. I got the idea this morning, wrote some ideas on a note card, and went up and winged it. I ended in 3:01. Definitely the best speech I've ever given.

Mikey B
03-25-2004, 06:56 PM
oh my god that is hilarious. classic right there. :D

DJBacon06
03-25-2004, 09:06 PM
I had to do a similar thing. I had to give a 3-5 minute persuasive speech on any topic. I chose the topic of my school giving us a nap time (High school). I scribbled down some stuff on a few note cards and really winged a lot of it. It ended up being 4:20 long. My teacher was in awe, because I am such a slacker in that class. Oh and i got a 96 on that thing. :D

Good speech by the way.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
03-25-2004, 09:18 PM
That is awesome.

You were either going to get a good grade or bomb it.

And I think you are going to do just fine.

Ohh and fyi, those Glad lock bags with zippers, great for storing pills:D