PDA

View Full Version : I got my fireblade trigger today !

nuclear zombie
03-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Very nice work from the guys at logic . I just got done installing mine all i can say is WOW ! i can't wait to try it out this weekend .

If someone wants to host them I have pics :)

Cryer
03-25-2004, 09:23 PM
www.imageshack.us

tony3
03-25-2004, 09:28 PM
*looking for the this thread is worthless without pics pic*

Rope a Dope
03-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
www.imageshack.us

nuclear zombie
03-25-2004, 09:50 PM
http://www.imageshack.us/img1/1221/fire1.jpg
her ya go

nuclear zombie
03-25-2004, 09:52 PM
2http://www.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img1&image=fire3.jpg

WARPED1
03-25-2004, 10:01 PM
www.jayloo.com

68magOwner
03-25-2004, 10:21 PM
nice

thecavemankevin
03-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by tony3
*looking for the this thread is worthless without pics pic*

you mean this one?

http://www.neonspeed.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/postpics.gif

Halliday
03-25-2004, 10:56 PM
Is that bottom tip as pointy as it looks? It looks sharp enough to carve wood.

Mindflux
03-26-2004, 12:57 AM
What did you use to punch the trigger pin out with?

I got mine today too.

Mag Master 04
03-26-2004, 01:24 AM
was it hard to install? looks good

Skoad
03-26-2004, 02:56 AM
mindflux: just use a small screwdriver, allen wrench (key), nail, tack, anything :)

Carbon
03-26-2004, 03:48 AM
nice, annoed to match as well sweet. In anycase how does the tigger feel. Does the activation magnet adjust well or properly?

Mindflux
03-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Skoad
mindflux: just use a small screwdriver, allen wrench (key), nail, tack, anything :)

Last time I did that with my spyder, the screwdriver, allen wrench, nail and tack all slipped and scratched the ano.

not again!.. not on my xmag.

coolcatpete
03-26-2004, 10:01 AM
nice I may have to pick one up soon.
Pete

Vendetta
03-26-2004, 10:05 AM
I hope to get mine today. Coolhand forgot to put my workplace on the address, so I don't know if Fed Ex will be able to deliver:(

Major Jam
03-26-2004, 10:35 AM
How do you like the pull of the trigger? Is it everything you'd hoped for? :)

Vendetta
03-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Ok I got mine. Halliday, the corners are pretty sharp.

I've got a couple of setup questions.
First, which way should the gun be facing when I punch out the old trigger rod? Does it even matter?
Second, should I use locktight on the magnetic adjuster? It feels pretty darn lose.

Mindflux
03-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Vendetta
Ok I got mine. Halliday, the corners are pretty sharp.

I've got a couple of setup questions.
First, which way should the gun be facing when I punch out the old trigger rod? Does it even matter?
Second, should I use locktight on the magnetic adjuster? It feels pretty darn lose.

the trigger rod has to come out of the side of the gun with the selector switch. So put the marker screen down (screen to table) and knock it out. When you put it back in, it goes in from the side with the screen on it.

Vendetta
03-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Thanks.

Mindflux
03-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks.

Also make sure your selector switch is in "E" mode.

I was told that's important.

RRfireblade
03-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Looks great,I'm anxious to hear some impartial feedback.

I hope it's all you expect it to be,I put a lot of effort into the design,hopefully that will show once you get to try it out.

Jay.

Mindflux,it's important 'cause if you don't,you'll break off the selector when the pin comes out.

tyrion2323
03-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Anyway to get one for either:

The Evil Omen

::OR::

Logic Frame'd mag

????

tjmpaintball06
03-26-2004, 05:49 PM
i want one so bad but 50 bux for just a trigger is kinda steep. i really like it though

Mindflux
03-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by tjmpaintball06
i want one so bad but 50 bux for just a trigger is kinda steep. i really like it though

Timmies have 90+ dollar triggers.

paint magnet
03-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
Anyway to get one for either:

The Evil Omen

::OR::

Logic Frame'd mag

????

Well that's kind of obvious...get the mag. I've only seen one Evil Omen and it was pretty cool, while it worked. I think the guy that owned it had it working again by the end of the day but I'd rather have a gun that I don't have to fool with.

Originally posted by Mindflux

Yeah, but everything is overpriced on Timmies ;)
I think the Fireblade trigger price is quite reasonable, considering the fact that a) the Emag has a very unique trigger and it's quite difficult to design aftermarket triggers for it (which is why there are ~ 2 aftermarket Emag triggers) and b) it looks sweet and isn't that high priced. Also keep in mind that this is more of a custom job and not a mass produced product, therefore they have to charge more to get back what it cost them to make it.

Mole1119
03-26-2004, 07:00 PM
I am trying to install fireblade as well and having troble getting trigger pin to come out. I am beating it pretty good with hammer and a tiny screw driver from the right hand side and the selector switch is on E so its not blocking it. Any ideas

CoolHand
03-26-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Mole1119
I am trying to install fireblade as well and having troble getting trigger pin to come out. I am beating it pretty good with hammer and a tiny screw driver from the right hand side and the selector switch is on E so its not blocking it. Any ideas

Try tapping from the selector switch side. My emag had the pin in backwards.

It was the first one I had seen with the pin installed that way, but yours may be backwards too.

It shouldn't take that much pounding to get out.

CoolHand
03-26-2004, 11:05 PM
. . . . . should I use locktight on the magnetic adjuster? It feels pretty darn lose.

Yes, but only removable grades (blue, purple, etc.). NOT RED

I thought I had loctited them all, but I found out today that I missed at least one.

Just dab the loctite on, adjust the trigger to your liking, and leave it alone for an hour or so.

Should have no problems after that.

tony3
03-26-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux

Are technas really 90+?

EDIT: Technas are 65+5 shipping, what triggers are 90?

Mole1119
03-27-2004, 01:15 AM
I got my fireblade installed but one question. Should the magnet be attached to the black nut it seems that i can just push it out with the allen wrench when i am adjusting it.

CoolHand
03-27-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Mole1119
I got my fireblade installed but one question. Should the magnet be attached to the black nut it seems that i can just push it out with the allen wrench when i am adjusting it.

They are just stuck to the adjuster by magnetic force.

You can glue it if you like, but there really isn't any reason to. It can't go anywhere, and the magnet is strong enough that even a good jarr (like dropping it :eek: ) won't dislodge it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Mole1119
03-27-2004, 02:46 AM
great, thanks

tony3
03-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Ryan, the triggers seem very sharp around the sides, why couldn't you round them some more? Or am I just seeing things from the pic.

tjmpaintball06
03-27-2004, 10:48 AM
90 dollars... thats why im never going to buy a timmy.

tony3
03-27-2004, 11:21 AM
If someone can find a 90 dollar trigger for timmys, I will bow down at your feet.

tmnothing
03-27-2004, 11:42 AM
I got mine and installed it yesterday. Wow this design is amazing! I'm still working out some problems I had with the HES magnet but I'm able to get such a smooth, crisp, and short trigger pull that I couldnt get with the LT-3 blade trigger or even the stock trigger. Once I get the HES magnet working properly (loctite is working as I type) that trigger will be unbelievable. Great job guys!

-AK

CoolHand
03-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by tony3
Ryan, the triggers seem very sharp around the sides, why couldn't you round them some more? Or am I just seeing things from the pic.

You're just seeing things. :p

They're not sharp, but they come very close to having a point at the very bottom.

Later

Vendetta
03-29-2004, 10:14 AM
I'll have to get some locktight tonight. I also had a problem with the trigger rod. I had to back it up so it would work in E mode. I haven't been able to get it to work in both E and M mode.

whopper72
03-29-2004, 11:34 AM
i just odered one and i was wondering how it compares to the stock, lt-3, and the tl63 triggers. I have all three just want to know what this one is like............

I find the easiest way to get the pin out is using a drill press and a block of wood. first remove body drop and grips. Cut a notch in the wood so selector switch doesn't have to be removed. Put a bit in the drill press. Un plug drill press DON"T TURN it on. do it in reverse to get i back in. thats how i do it

bambam
03-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Hi all,
I tried to order mine to day but was very disappointed...
NO MORE AVAILABLE!! :(

Does anyone know any updates as to when they'll be more??

By the way, very KEWL trigger!!!

Thanks.

Bulldog
03-30-2004, 05:43 PM
I've got one if you're interested. Shoot me a pm.

RRfireblade
03-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Logicpaintball(who does the milling) is on a work based rotation.That is,he takes each project in order and rotates them as the are completed.

My rotation just went by.;)

Fireblades should come up again in a few weeks,There still seems to be a good amount of interest and as people get to use them,I think there will be more.Perhaps enough preorders for batch #2 would get Ryan to mill another run sooner but that is entirely up to him.He does after all have a business to run,and my triggers are likely not enough to do it alone. ;)

Thanks,
Jay.

purplemag
03-30-2004, 08:25 PM
When you go to put on the new trigger and punch out the trigger rod thing. Make sure to do it on a somewhat soft surface!!! I didn't and my selector switch broke in two. Luckfully it was in E-mode at the time and that is what I am stuck with until I get a new switch from AGD.

But the trigger seems to work very very well. Haven't had a chance to fire with air, but it seems smooth.

Also, I was walking it and all of sudden it started taking off on me, yup going full auto. I was like, sweet this thing makes me walk like 25 bps. But then I looked at the red blinking light...LO BATT! But it was a cool feeling!