PDA

View Full Version : Halo B not fitting my ULE Body...

blykins
03-26-2004, 12:37 AM
I have a RTP w/ a ULE body and I bought a Halo B. My problem is that the Halo B does not fit the feed tube(too big). Does anyone have any remedies? I was thinking of sanding it down the neck of the feedtube on the hopper but want to see if you guys have any suggestions.
Thanks.

Rope a Dope
03-26-2004, 01:02 AM
The Halo neck was made to be sanded down and they purposely leave it thick so you can custom fit it to each marker.

So get to sanding!

blykins
03-26-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Rope a Dope
The Halo neck was made to be sanded down and they purposely leave it thick so you can custom fit it to each marker.

So get to sanding!

Any reccomendations on what grit sandpaper to use? I was thinking like 80 or 100.
Also, does the feed neck on the ULE body come off(like does it unscrew?)--i dont want to try to twist it, hear a crack, then have to go buy a new ULE body b/c of me breaking my feed neck-lol.

Snertz
03-26-2004, 01:32 AM
100 then 220 then 400

Go slow, don't wanna sand too much ;)

Yes the feedneck is removabal, but I doubt you'll break it off anytime soon, it's a pain to remove byitself as it is. The hopper will break first if anything.

Might wanna look into getting a clamping feedneck, like the Rougefactor one..

Mindflux
03-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Snertz
100 then 220 then 400

Go slow, don't wanna sand too much ;)

Yes the feedneck is removabal, but I doubt you'll break it off anytime soon, it's a pain to remove byitself as it is. The hopper will break first if anything.

Might wanna look into getting a clamping feedneck, like the Rougefactor one..

The roguefactor still requires sanding on the halo to get it to fit.

dragunowner1983
03-26-2004, 02:10 PM
I went and got a CCM clamping feedneck and replace the stock one in my ule body. I had to use a cheapy strap wrench to take of the original though. They locktight them into the bodies. Anyways, the Halo fits perfect in the CCM feedneck without sanding.

Cryer
03-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by dragunowner1983
I went and got a CCM clamping feedneck and replace the stock one in my ule body. I had to use a cheapy strap wrench to take of the original though. They locktight them into the bodies. Anyways, the Halo fits perfect in the CCM feedneck without sanding.
I would recommend a CCM or a checkit locking neck over the rogue neck.

With both CCM and checkit, the hopper neck will fit inside without sanding, and you can adjust the neck to a certain point and it will stay there.

SpecialBlend2786
03-29-2004, 04:46 AM
Shawn told me that the new Roguenecks are bigger, so they should fit a Halo without having to sand it down

havoc531
03-30-2004, 12:22 PM
The ULE feedneck comes loctited down. I tried getting it off with one of those strap wrenches and it is really a pain. I never got it off until recently when I was twisting off my eggy (its been sanded).

Mindflux
03-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by SpecialBlend2786
Shawn told me that the new Roguenecks are bigger, so they should fit a Halo without having to sand it down

Go look at a rogueneck close up sometime. You can see it's a stock ULE feedneck that's been milled/tapped to accept a strangler. (You can still see the flame design inbetween the threads on the neck).

Even RogueFactor admits you cannot fit a Unsanded Halo in it.